Rick parry takeover email to fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:14 pm

23 February 2007

Dear Supporter,

Re: Acquisition of Liverpool Football Club.

This month has seen an important milestone in the history of Liverpool Football Club following the announcement that Mr. George Gillett and Mr. Tom Hicks have acquired the majority shareholding of our Chairman, David Moores.

As we embark on a new and exciting era at Liverpool, I feel it is important that I write to you as a supporter to explain the decision behind the takeover, as well as sharing some initial thoughts on how we intend to move forward from here.

The search for the right investor has been an exhaustive process. The recent developments were the culmination of almost three years' intensive activity to secure a partner that would respect and uphold the traditions of a unique "football institution". From the start, this was our unequivocal goal. Allied to this, any prospective partner also had to match our passion and commitment to winning trophies. The approach from George Gillett and Tom Hicks demonstrated these qualities in abundance. "Success breeds success" is a philosophy that runs right throughout Anfield and with the additional knowledge, resources and credibility that both George and Tom bring to the Club, I am convinced our enviable record of honours and silverware will continue to grow over the years to come.

From the perspective of ownership, I believe the future of the Club is in very safe hands. The Gillett and Hicks families possess a tremendous regard and admiration for the standing that Liverpool is privileged to hold in football - not just here in England, but throughout the world. To them, our virtues, heritage and culture are precious assets that will help to inspire everyone connected with us to continue to strive for further success - both on and off the field. And yet in many ways the new acquisition spells "business as usual". Both George and Tom have expressed a tremendous faith and confidence in the people and resources that serve the Club so well, and I know that I speak for everyone in expressing my delight that David Moores has agreed to become Honorary Life - President, retaining a seat on the Board of Directors.

From the team perspective, funds will be made available for the manager to further strengthen what is already an excellent playing squad. In tandem with this, building work will start very soon on our new stadium complex in Stanley Park - the first tangible sign of the financial commitment and expertise in the construction and management of world-class sporting arenas that George and Tom provide.

In conclusion, I have every confidence that the time-honoured values of Liverpool Football Club will remain under careful stewardship as we eagerly anticipate the next chapter in our remarkable history. By the same token, I very much hope the Club can rely on the truly unique and outstanding support it is privileged to receive from all our supporters in the UK and around the world. It is on your incredible loyalty that Liverpool's success and reputation has been built.

If you have any questions or thoughts over the coming weeks, please do not hesitate to feed back to me via our Customer Services Department at customerservices@liverpoolfc.tv

Yours sincerely,

Rick Parry
Chief Executive, Liverpool Football Club

-----------------------------------------------------

Happy to see that Moores will still have an influencial role in the club.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:21 pm

Everything sounds good to me up to now, but only time will tell. I just hope it doesnt take as long to build New Anfield as it has to build New Wembley.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:26 pm

s@int wrote:Everything sounds good to me up to now, but only time will tell. I just hope it doesnt take as long to build New Anfield as it has to build New Wembley.

And the moral to that story: Dont employ Aussie contractors to do the job  :D
66-1112520797

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:39 pm

Nice touch from Rick!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:17 pm

Everything seems to be going well so far. As always a professional job done by Mr Parry and co. Now I dont want to jinx anything but how good would be not only for the club, the fans and the new owners if we win big ears again.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:57 pm

i got one of those. nice touch. Makes you feel kinda part of the club - i was touched.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:29 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Dear Supporter,

Re: Acquisition of Liverpool Football Club.

This month has seen an important milestone in the history of Liverpool Football Club following the announcement that Mr. George Gillett and Mr. Tom Hicks have acquired the majority shareholding of our Chairman, David Moores.

No "mr" for david moores, that is a disgrace  :angry:

:p  :D
simply a nice touch as well as relieving
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion