Der kaiser - ?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:11 am

anychance we could have him back on a loan for the rest of the season?  ???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:22 am

is this a rumour or a hope?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:47 am

"Kaiser Chief"

In times of need (or crisis) on a football field who do you send for ? Think Istanbul, think Cardiff.... think Dietmar Hamann !

Seems a long time ago now that Gerard Houllier offered Newcastle £8M for Dietmar Hamnn in the summer of 1999. Far too much money was my initial thought but if I had my way transfer fees would be capped at 5M and then we'd really see which manager is the "Special One"   Then Dietmar was crocked so didn't make what you would call an immediate impact and I mumbled a few words about why we had bothered to sign him. Then we started to find out.

When we look back at the players that GH signed it will surely be between Didi and Sami Hyppia as to who was best value for money - it won't be any of his French flops that for certain ! He wasn't what you would call spectectular, in some ways a bit like Ronnie Whelan in so much as you didn't know what you had until he wasn't there. You'd have to say he was a cagey so and so as well. He could win us a free kick or two leaving the offending player wondering how it had happened and pleading his innocence.

I still can't fathom out why he wasn't in the starting line up against AC Milan but I'm glad he was around when the call went out for somebody to quell the flood...... I was going to say stick their finger in the dyke but that sounds rude ! 

In Cardiff last May we were struggling again, misfiring on all cylinders. Send for our Number 16 and another rescue mission is achieved. He was Red Adair and the Cavalry all rolled into one !

Dietmar Hamann is already guaranteed a place in the history books for scoring ther last ever Goal at the Old Wembley (anybody know when there might be a New Wembley ? )not that I'm that bothered cos we love Cardiff as a venue and have been there that often as a club even the sheep speak Scouse ! 

His other entry in the record books may well be the last time a German missed a penalty in a competive final ( 2001 Worthington Cup Final). However, like his German international colleagues he learnt his lesson and when he came to take one in the European Cup Final in 2005 and FA Cup Final in 2006 he didn't miss !

Post Istanbul and Cardiif and with the arrival of the young gun Momo Sissoko there was nothing much left to do for the cause but when the records are collated on the history of our great club I fully expect Dietmar to top the list of " Unsung Heroes"

Think Istanbul , Think Cardiff ....Think Dietmar Hamann !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:01 am

Dalglish... thats a A* post my friend. Class.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:06 am

Would have loved to hang on to Didi for one more season, he would have been very useful for us. But he is gone and he is not coming back, end of.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:40 am

Everyone has to remember that it was Hamann's decision to leave.  He was told the situation by Rafa and did what he thought was best.  In heinsight, with the amount of problems that we had in central midfield maybe he would have stayed.  I am not that sure that he would have got that many minutes this season anyway.  We already had a holding midfielder in Alonso and the reason why Zenden played was because he offered something different.

Great player, but I think that he left at the right time...
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill