Cricket players - Why?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:41 pm

On gods earth do they need to warm up lol.

Some dicccck is on sky news now saying hes trying to keep in the grove and stay warmed up waiting for the rain to go off.

Errr ello!!!!!!!!!!
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:57 pm

i thought cricket players' idea of "warming up" was a couple of quick pints in the bar? it certainly was in the botham/lamb/gatting era :nod
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:14 am

Woollyback wrote:i thought cricket players' idea of "warming up" was a couple of quick pints in the bar? it certainly was in the botham/lamb/gatting era :nod

It was also as mind-numbingly boring then, too!  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:15 am

What  gets me the Rugby team win the world cup,theirs all these open air bus things around London,meet the queen ,tony Blair.......the RFU think the game will totally lift off now and be up their with footie with kids playing,sponsership huge deals,very well paid professional players etc etc etc and guess what ...........they win feck all after.

The same thing with the Cricket team after beating one team,and i cant be the only one who was chuffed we won the ashes,but we play them again very soon for the Ashes again,and this time will get battered 5 nil,cant see any other result.

We become champions of Europe and virtually get feck all praise outside of Liverpool and further more win the super cup and FA Cup ...........

wouldnt it be great when England come back from Australia after getting battered they have to go to buckingham palace and hand the feckers back......."sorry mrs queen have these we were wánk after all.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:09 am

drummerphil wrote:What  gets me the Rugby team win the world cup,theirs all these open air bus things around London,meet the queen ,tony Blair.......the RFU think the game will totally lift off now and be up their with footie with kids playing,sponsership huge deals,very well paid professional players etc etc etc and guess what ...........they win feck all after.

The same thing with the Cricket team after beating one team,and i cant be the only one who was chuffed we won the ashes,but we play them again very soon for the Ashes again,and this time will get battered 5 nil,cant see any other result.

We become champions of Europe and virtually get feck all praise outside of Liverpool and further more win the super cup and FA Cup ...........

wouldnt it be great when England come back from Australia after getting battered they have to go to buckingham palace and hand the feckers back......."sorry mrs queen have these we were wánk after all.

So good to see you've lost none of that cutting wit Phil mate!! :bowdown

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:01 pm

I f.king hate Cricket, such a boring 'sport' :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:09 pm

drummerphil wrote:What  gets me the Rugby team win the world cup,theirs all these open air bus things around London,meet the queen ,tony Blair.......the RFU think the game will totally lift off now and be up their with footie with kids playing,sponsership huge deals,very well paid professional players etc etc etc and guess what ...........they win feck all after.

Alternatively, they could give the f*cking things to our lads.

Flintoff: "Here you are, Stevie, etc. We're sh*t, but it's a f*cking privilege to hand this medal over to a REAL legend like you."

Gerrard: "Cheers, you f*cking loser"

Flintoff: "Can you sh*t in my mouth for me so I can taste you? "

Gerrard: "F*ck off."

:D

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:19 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:

Alternatively, they could give the f*cking things to our lads.

Flintoff: "Here you are, Stevie, etc. We're sh*t, but it's a f*cking privilege to hand this medal over to a REAL legend like you."

Gerrard: "Cheers, you f*cking loser"

Flintoff: "Can you sh*t in my mouth for me so I can taste you? "

Gerrard: "F*ck off."

:wwww  :laugh:  Bollox i think i've just pissed meself!

I still can't see how rubbin the ball up and down the side of their knobs achieves anything when they are bowlin. I reckon they're just usein it as a cheap excuse to have a quick tug of the old trouser snake whilst out on the pitch.
As for the ashes; it was great to finally see australia beaten but what is all the fuss about the ashes, the piddle little trophy is a fookin' joke - they could have had the shit out of a couple of hoover bags and had a trophy the size of the european cup filled with grey dust. :)

Most pointless sport after anything the americans have come up with.  :p
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:43 pm

Cricket rocks!
Watching it live is even better. 5 days of drinking piss in the sun, yelling abuse to the opposition and acting like a complete dick. What could be better? (except watching Aus play means only 3 days of drinking :) )

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:00 pm

babu wrote:Cricket rocks!
Watching it live is even better. 5 days of drinking piss in the sun, yelling abuse to the opposition and acting like a complete dick. What could be better? (except watching Aus play means only 3 days of drinking :) )

A hernia op?

Circumcision?

The possibilites are endless...  :D

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:17 pm

i used to go and watch lancashire and england in the one dayers, been down to lords a few times watching lancs in finals and i have to say its a great day out, lots of beer, lots of singing and even a few scuffles

112-1077774096

Postby babu » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:11 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:

A hernia op?

Circumcision?

Heathen   :no

:D   :p

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:10 pm

babu wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

A hernia op?

Circumcision?

Heathen   :no

:D   :p

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:07 am

I'd like to point out that England won the series 2-1 (one of which was won by a couple of runs and finished with a dubious decision) and with the 5th game having England forcing a draw because the Australians frightened them. Suddenly its the greatest win ever! Give me a break...

I'm going to all 5 days of the first test. Can't wait!!!
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:15 am

Check out the new adverts for Cricket Australia. :D

Big Warnie
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum