Nando

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby andy_g » Tue May 23, 2006 9:35 pm

Ciggy wrote:http://www.radioesport.es/noticia1600.html

Translate please our Sabre. :D

in the absence of sabre i've had a bash at this myself. its not written in the most straight forward of Spanish and not exactly fluent yet. taking into account that story may even be b0ll0cks it might be even more meaningless... anyway, here goes.

FERNANDO MORIENTES, IN THE ORBIT OF VALENCIA (but a bit more metaphorical...)

Liverpool will be disposed to negotiate the exit of the forward though 3 years remain on his contract, and involved in the operacion may be the exchange of a player that the coach of the Reds, Rafa Benitez, likes.

Fernando Morientes is one of those on the list of possible players of Valencia to reinforce for next season. The forward cacereño(?) answers the profile of player that the team from the Mestalla looks for to accompany Villa at the point of attack, that already is a guarantee of goals(?) and is a player with experience at the height of european competeition. In any case, his signing will not be easily realised.

Morientes gets a high remuneration in Liverpool, for which they had to lower his price. Also  3 years of his contract remain with the English club. According to Canal 9, Liverpool could facilitate the exit of the ex Madridista, but would take advantage that the operation would involve a Valencia player fancied by Rafa Benitez. Namely it could be Albelda, Pablo Aimar, Mista or Baraja.

In the case of Albelda, his exit form Valencia in this manner is unthinkable, even though the Mestalla club would be disposed to negotiate with one of the 3 others if it is to apoint the forward to Sanchez Flores team (without going further away, the same Valencia had proposed with Villareal an exchange between Aimar and Forlan).

In any case, we deal with, for the moment, a name more than others that has come out in recent days, even though it is certain that Morientes has sounded strongly more than once. Especially, since two seasons before he finally signed for Liverpool.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue May 23, 2006 9:55 pm

Cut our losses and let him go I say. New young freash blood in to replace.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed May 24, 2006 7:01 pm

Thanks Andy G, I missed that request and you did it pretty well :) "Cacereño" means from "Caceres" the town Morientes is from.

Marca has acknowledged the Morientes connection today too, but they're very specific in both quantities, and the player of Valencia we're interested on.

According to Marca, LFC has offered Morientes to Valencia for 4M Euros (3M Quid) PLUS Di Vaio, the Valencia striker that hadn't many minutes in that team. This by the way puts in perspective the reputation Mori still has. Di Vaio is a good striker. He played for Juventus and he scored agains RS in both champions league matches. Also with Valencia. Very oportunist, a goal poacher. I like him.

And according to Marca too, Quique Sanchez Flores, the Valencia coach, has accepted.

What's the problem then? that Di Vaio doesn't want to be an exchange material as he's upset with his coach (he's currently on loan on Monaco), his attitude seems to be to think only in himself.

http://www.radioesport.es/noticia1620.html

Well at least you can rest assured that Morientes will be wanted by top Spanish clubs. And definitely will get more than 2M quid for him.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 24, 2006 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lovebetis » Wed May 24, 2006 8:42 pm

Well, really Betis is interesting in Nando, but I think that we don´t go register because there are teams differents that register him.
but, i also think that if Nando, finally, goes to Betis, Joaquin won´t go to Liverpool. Though I prefer that if Joaquin goes out of Betis, he will go to Liverpool and don´t other team.

I wait that you understand that I tell you! :D
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Postby A.B. » Wed May 24, 2006 8:57 pm

Sabre wrote:Thanks Andy G, I missed that request and you did it pretty well :) "Cacereño" means from "Caceres" the town Morientes is from.

Marca has acknowledged the Morientes connection today too, but they're very specific in both quantities, and the player of Valencia we're interested on.

According to Marca, LFC has offered Morientes to Valencia for 4M Euros (3M Quid) PLUS Di Vaio, the Valencia striker that hadn't many minutes in that team. This by the way puts in perspective the reputation Mori still has. Di Vaio is a good striker. He played for Juventus and he scored agains RS in both champions league matches. Also with Valencia. Very oportunist, a goal poacher. I like him.

And according to Marca too, Quique Sanchez Flores, the Valencia coach, has accepted.

What's the problem then? that Di Vaio doesn't want to be an exchange material as he's upset with his coach (he's currently on loan on Monaco), his attitude seems to be to think only in himself.

http://www.radioesport.es/noticia1620.html

Well at least you can rest assured that Morientes will be wanted by top Spanish clubs. And definitely will get more than 2M quid for him.

I'd take Aimar or Mista[were linked with him heavily last year] in part of that exchange deal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redman in wales » Wed May 24, 2006 9:15 pm

Valencia striker Marco Di Vaio (30) says he has no interest in joining Liverpool as part of a deal that would see Fernando Morientes go in the other direction.

The Italian hitman claims he has been sounded out about a move but he says he's not interested in making a switch to Anfield.

Di Viao said: "They have spoken to me about that proposal.
"Valencia want Morientes but I don't want to know anything about a possible exchange.

"I'm not going to go where I don't want, more so, if it means that another player joins Valencia. I'm not a parcel, I have a family."

The former Italian international has been on loan at Monaco and he's hoping to secure a permanent move there.

He added: "I already told (Valencia director Amedeo) Carboni that I will do everything possible to remain at Monaco.

"Monaco is my priority. If that cannot be then I will consider other offers.

"Although I want to stay at Monaco, I don't think the club will play 6million euros (£4million) for me because I am 30 and that is a large amount of money for them."
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed May 24, 2006 9:40 pm

Well, really Betis is interesting in Nando, but I think that we don´t go register because there are teams differents that register him.
but, i also think that if Nando, finally, goes to Betis, Joaquin won´t go to Liverpool. Though I prefer that if Joaquin goes out of Betis, he will go to Liverpool and don´t other team.

I wait that you understand that I tell you!

Online translator eh? :)

Original Spanish          Online translator misinterpretation           Actual english
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Esperar                           Wait                                                 Hope
Fichar                             register                                            Sign up
finalmente                        finally                                               Eventually

But we got the idea, yes :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lovebetis » Thu May 25, 2006 1:56 pm

I write like I have learnt and I don´t use online translator!!
Sorry!!
And on Seville´s newspapers say that Morientes could go to Sevilla FC, but I hope that not! :(
Real Betis: I always will be with you
lovebetis

Postby Redman in wales » Thu May 25, 2006 2:00 pm

from koptalk:

Liverpool are close to agreeing a transfer fee with Valencia for Fernando Morientes.

Valencia sports director Amedao Carboni has been trying to negotiate a deal for the striker who failed miserably at Anfield following his £6.3million arrival in January 2005.

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry initially valued the Spaniard at £4million but the latest reports have the fee nearer to the £3million mark with Carboni trying to bring it down further.

Speaking recently, Morientes said: "I'm the first to accept my form has been disappointing.

"I haven't hit the level of performance I achieved when I was with Real but I've still got a lot to offer."
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu May 25, 2006 7:55 pm

Spot on there!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu May 25, 2006 7:56 pm

His gone to Valencia, no surprise.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu May 25, 2006 8:03 pm