Hillsborough memorial service - April 15th 2006

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:57 pm

Anfield

Just wondering who is going to this. Robbie and Gerrard is going to speaking and its a wonderful service to remember the 96.

I would suggest anyone who can make it to go and show your support for our fellow reds.

YNWA 96
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:17 pm

I will be with you guys in spirit. Bit far for me to come.

YNWA 96
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steffspurs » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:36 am

Just to say that I will stop and take a minute's silence too. I always make sure to remember the 96 that day, and not just them, but the hundreds of friends and family who were left behind and who suffer the indignity of injustice every day. it still makes me :censored: sick as a football-loving man to think of how the whole issue was passed over without proper accountability.

As I've said before, it so easily could've been us in 81 except they had no fences then and so those down the front spilt onto the pitch.

Again, my best wishes to all Liverpool suppporters and the families of those who lost friends, family and loved ones.

Thfc Steff
steffspurs

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:24 pm

I'm torn as to when I should take the minute's silence. 3:06pm my time or in worldwide unison at 12:06am Sunday. I might do the latter as that was the actual time. Also I'd like to give credit to a lady I work with, her and her husband are both massive Manchester United fans and as I was talking to her earlier today about Kenny Dalgish's column/article on .tv she was getting choked up herself. To that extent, I'd like to thank all the supporters of other clubs who pay their repects, especially the Everton fans involved in the memorial services. The following quote b Kenny explains why:
On the Saturday we held a service at Anfield. At six minutes past three there was a minute's silence across the country. Then everyone at Anfield sang 'You'll Never Walk Alone.' We tied scarves between Anfield and Goodison. We just wanted to show the unity existing on Merseyside. The following day, there was a final service on the pitch. It was really quiet, just the wind rustling the scarves tied to the crossbar. When somebody shouted out 'We all loved you,' we all broke down
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion