Hyypia - The big fin

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby andypool2285 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:43 pm

Over the last few games the usual strong  big fin has looked out off place.He look's as bad as josemi and Traore we bought some young player in the transfer window who r said to be very talanted but r no were to be seen. Plus two of r best players came from were ????    :buttrock
andypool2285

Postby masterraj » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:15 pm

Yes he might have had a few bad games but what are you saying? Dump one of our great players cause he had a few bad games. He is probably in need of a rest and please never compare him to Traore he dosent deserve that.
As for young players it is very difficult to risk them in league and champ league matches, maybe give them a try in league cup but far to risky other wise. Fair enough if we are 2 or 3 -0 up bring them on but this season a 3-0 seems like a dream.
masterraj

Postby **S T R U J @** » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:38 pm

I thing that Hypia is one of the best defender in the world. He had played so much game contrary to Traore or Josemi. He is to good to comparing with some young players.
**S T R U J @**

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:56 pm

I still think that BIG SAMI is one of the best defenders around but for me this season he has been a bit under par for the quality we know he possesses and at times it does seem his age is starting to catch up with him, to say though that he is as bad as Traore or Josemi is getting to the level of ridiculousness that the people who have been saying that it is time for Rafa to go are sinking too.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:29 pm

As I have said a couple of times now, I didn't see the fulham match over the weekend, but in looking at the other matches this season that we have played, i am disgusted that Sami is taking flak.

Every time I see a potential attack on our goal, Sami is usually the first to block it out. Coupled with the magnificient Carra, he is a tremendous player for us. OK, he could do with a break and that is why we need an up and coming CB to replace him in games of less importance until he can overshadow Hyppia. For now though, stick with Hyypia. He's the man.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:05 am

From ESPNSoccernet:

Updated: Nov. 2, 2005, 12:00 PM UK
Hyypia ponders international retirement

Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia is considering retiring from international football.

Following Finland's failure to qualify for the World Cup finals, the 32-year-old centre half believes his chances of playing in a major finals have disappeared, with the Euro 2008 qualifiers not starting until next season.

Hyypia made his 75th appearance for his country in the recent 3-0 defeat by the Czech Republic where he played against former Liverpool team-mates Milan Baros and Vladimir Smicer.

Hyypia says: 'I have thought about retiring from international football but I will wait a while longer and see how I feel.

'Finland have a new coach, Roy Hodgson, who is coming in next year and so that would be a good incentive to continue. The next qualifiers don't start until August so I have plenty of time to think about it.

'I will take a little break from the international scene and see how I feel. When you have less international games it can help at club level so it will be good for me, the club and the team that I will feel fresher for Liverpool.' 

Sami's obviously got his mind on Liverpool as his priority which is good to see.  Still Finnish fans will be sorry to see him step down from the national team I'm sure.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:51 am

Sami has consistantly been one of our best players over the last 5 years, he has never been very quick but the fact that he reads the game so well means 9/10 he is superb.  His performance on Tuesday in the Champs League was phenomonal along side the gladiator that is Jamie Carragher.

Occasionally when Sami looks like he is having a bad game it is usually coz he is mopping up for Traore so much that he is pulled out of position.  Get a decent right back and we will get another 2 years out of Sami Hypia.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:08 pm

hyypia hasnt been hes great self but for me apart from garcia cisse and probably sissoko no one has been great this season and that explains most of our terrible results
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:17 pm

I've never understood why the pace thing with Hyypia is such an issue. His superb reading of the game and positional sense should mean that his lack of pace is not that important, unless Traore and Josemi are playing of course.

I'd rather have a slow defender anyday then a faster no-brainer who is overrated and couldn't defend for his life this season....Don't want to mention names... *cough* ....rio... *cough* ...ferdinand....  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:20 pm

andypool2285 wrote: big fin has looked out off place.He look's as bad as josemi and Traore.

??? WTF
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:49 pm

Player of the season for me so far without a doubt. Qualtiy player.

Only an idiot would say otherwise.
115-1073096938

Postby welshred » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:43 pm

class player i think whitbreads got a little longer to wait yet .long live hyypia
welshred

Postby soccerforever » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:10 am

OMG hyypia isss sooooo HOOTT!!! dam i love that sexy boy..hes sooo adorable!!! :p :D :)
soccerforever

Postby flipmode » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:55 pm

welshred wrote:class player i think whitbreads got a little longer to wait yet .long live hyypia

Second that

ImageImageImageImageImage[/URL]
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge