Aaron lennon - Anyone seen him last night?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:35 pm

Alright people!

I was watching the Tottenham v. Fulham game and was very impressed with a right winger called Aaron Lennon. Most of you might recognise him when he was at Leeds but he is only 18 and is showing some real promise to be a v. good player.

He was always getting down the byline, but was never afraid to cut in and have a dig at goal and even thought the opposition wasn't exactly top drawer, he was always causing the defence serious problems.

I think we might have found a possible long term solution to the right wing. I know you all want joaquin, but the possibility is, even though Lennon is English, (I think) he may still end up to be a cheaper player than Joaquin, allowing us to buy better quality players in more than just one position.

What are your thoughts on this? Have you seen him play?
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:43 pm

Yeah, he's a Yorkshire lad.

"Aaron became the youngest Premiership player ever after coming off the bench for Leeds against Spurs at White Hart Lane in August 2003 for his senior debut aged 16 years and 129 days old. From Chapeltown in Leeds, Aaron shot to prominence in the 2002/03 season when his exploits for Leeds' youth team started to get him noticed, which included a hat-trick in the FA Youth Cup. The 2004/05 season was a milestone year for Aaron as he thrilled Leeds fans with a number of show-stopping displays on the right wing that led him to capture the Young Player Of The Year award at the end of the season."

He did play well last night.  A good old-fashioned winger that Chelski don't own is a rare thing!
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:04 pm

I reckon we should get him. Sod
'spending all your money in the one shop.'
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:06 pm

I was thinking this summmer, why didnt we go for either Lennon or Routledge to provide comepetition for a potenital new right winger.

Both are young, english, realtively cheap, have pace, and are natural right wingers. I definately would have looked at bringing one of them in.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:49 pm

I'm not so sure about Lennon, I saw him play against Utd. and I wasn't too impressed, he seemed a bit lightweight and would definately fall into the "potential" bracket, it certainly would be a step backwards if we brought in players of his standard.
RedRoots

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:42 pm

:bump
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion