Please help us in austria

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Salzburger » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:40 pm

Please :help  us. In Austria there is a big problem with the modern soccer. Have a look at this:

http://www.ultras.at/tradition/index-en.shtml

and help us. Support vor us.

Attachment: 2663 not found
Salzburger

Postby Red Red Tom » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:59 pm

That's terrible mate.  You get the impression its exactly the kind of thing scumbags like Abramovich could eventually do to our game here, albeit by destroying the soul of the club in a different way.  Two teams in England have recently seen thier club destroyed, Wimbledon FC were renamed MK Dons and moved many miles from thier loyal fanbase, and our biggest rivals, Manchester United became ManUSA.  While we still hate Man Utd with a passion, I at least have a grudging respect for the fans that formed thier own breakaway club and chose to work their way up from the bottom of the football ladder.  I suppose its because this club is founded on exactly the opposite principles that make us hate Manure so much...

Wimbledon supporters also formed a breakaway club, and like United of Manchester (I think its called) they have far more support and therefore finances than other teams around them in the footballing structure.  I'm sure in time both teams could be playing as high as the second or first divisions (none of that championship cr*p).

Maybe this is an idea, not only as a protest against Red Bull, but also as a new challange for your supporters.  It sounds like your club would have enough of a fan base to gain a few promotions on the spin, and maybe one day you can eclipse your old team, and assume thier mantle.  In the meantime, may I recomend the nickname 'Red Bullsh*t FC'?

Best of luck with your club's situation, and if there is a language problem with what I posted, there are a load of good translation sites on the net.

Once again, Good luck mate!

Tom
Red Red Tom

Postby liverpoolrich » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:09 pm

i dont know what to say so im just gonna give you my sympathy :grinning:
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion