A word of caution - Champions league

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby redsince2001 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:04 pm

So we have drawn Benfica in the champions league and chealski and arsenal have tough draws but that doesn't mean that we are set to win the title.....reading the champions league draw post i found that many of u in here feel that we have the title won already!!
     I dont want 2 be a spoilsport but lets keep our feet firmly on the ground and focus on the job on hand....Benfica!cheers.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:11 pm

This has been posted already. Keeping our feet on the ground is about respecting the oppoosition knowing a job is to be done. But this is a good draw for us, lets not forget that. As defending champions, we are optimistsic
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:22 pm

From wat i read in the CPL draw post we do not have much respect 4 Benfica.... and are seemingly being carried away by the fact that  Arsenal and that SH*T chelski have drawn the spanish giants....i know as fans of this great club we should be optimistic but lets keep our heads level atm.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:26 pm

Oh ignore them puffs :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:27 pm

Here's what Rafa had 2 say:
Speaking in Tokyo while out with his players for a meal, Benitez told liverpoolfc.tv: "It is not an easy draw but it is not the worst draw that it could have been either. There are only good teams left in the competition at this stage and we could have been paired with Bayern Munich, for example.

"There are some very interesting matches coming up in this round - just look at Chelsea v Barcelona, Real Madrid v Arsenal and Bayern v AC Milan.

"I'm pleased to have avoided certain teams but we will face a very tough match against Benfica. They are a very good team and they proved just what they can do by knocking Manchester United out of the competition.

"They are strong at home and they will have a good atmosphere behind them in the first leg but we know they will be coming back to Anfield for the return leg and everyone in Europe knows what our fans are like on a European night at home.

"We had some very special games in Europe at Anfield last season and I know the fans will play a huge role when we take on Benfica. They are one of the most famous sides in Europe and they've won the European Cup twice so we will treat them with the respect they deserve but we will approach the game with confidence in our own ability."
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:30 pm

Well of course he will say that, he will prepare maticulously for these games as any other

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:55 am

we are optimistic not because we are going to meet benfica but based on our current performance.even though  we paired with barca or milan, we still know that we can beat them..but now we got easy draw than that..is not that we over confident. we just feel we can get result and that feeling is not there for a long time...
darwisigila

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:46 am

we will show those mancs how its done
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Return to Introductions Forum