Sepp blatter - Double standards

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:40 pm

so i see that the rome derby in italy had to be abandoned due to crowd trouble at the weekend. what have fifa done as a result? thats right- nowt. if that was the merseyside derby we'd most likely have been thrown out of europe for god's sake. the guy certainly has some kind of personal vendetta against this country. i mean rio has his 8 month ban and he's still not happy about that. it's a joke.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:50 am

Rio deserves his ban. its typical of Man Ures mentality that they are bigger than the game and "you can't  do this to us" mentality. If the scum had jsut admitted he had done wrong and pre empted th FA and banned him themselves, the chances are he would be playing again now. What was the point of testing Pallios? he is new in the post and wants to make his mark.

I agree with Blatter on the fact the whole affair took too long and he should have been suspended straight away. However I totally agree with your take on the Rome derby stmichael. we will have to live with the stigma for a long time. I work with a Dutch guy out here in Malaysia and he tells me how much trouble there is at Dutch league games but we never hear of that or any threats to ban them. We have to be careful:angry:
112-1077774096

Return to Premiership - General Discussion