Down in the dumps - Behind the scenes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kr1s8y » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:50 am

Weve seen some of the best players in europe and the world pass through our ranks the last few years and they have never been able to hack it with that red shirt on..... what i want to know is it something behind the scenes or are we just a total mug as a club...... players in mind diouf i hate him didnt do ****** here apart from party goes to bolton bangin them in... westerveld watched him a few times in spain just like good old first few weeks for us week in week out.... I read about (cant think of the club) who want morientes off us now cause we aint using him right and in a way there right..... 10mil for this 20 for that 1/2 mil Cahill doing overheads for everton against united hope i prove my point or id like someone to prove to me.
kr1s8y

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:10 am

I think i know what your implying but this is a brand new set up with the manager ,coaches etc and even players, so this will all need time to puzzle together , but i think its a bit to early to say something behind the scenes isnt bringing the best out of players.

I dont know if we have changed our goalkeeper coaches but i do remember a couple of years back when there were questions being asked if they were getting the best out of them .

And whoever said that thing about Morientes is totally wrong the blokes not even fully fit yet and has to adapt for all different reasons how can we be using him in the wrong way he is a striker thats where he plays Benitez Knows his style so why is he not being used properily ? I could understand if he was played at left back,but he is being played in his right position.

But as i say again you have got to give Benitez and his staff time before suggestions like that are being made.
66-1112520797

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:32 am

kr1s8y wrote:Weve seen some of the best players in europe and the world pass through our ranks the last few years............... players in mind diouf...........westerveld

You are obviously easy pleased, the two you mantioned are not even the best footballers in their own back yards'.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:05 am

Eh?

Cahill didn't cost 1/2million, it was closer to £2.5million.

Overheads? So what? Cahill has been a good signing but overhead kicks don't signify whether or not you are a good player.

10million for this, 20 for that? Since when have we spent 20million on a player?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:42 am

kr1s8y wrote:what i want to know is it something behind the scenes or are we just a total mug as a club......

Carragher, Finnan, Biscan, Riise, Traore - all players who have improved significantly under Rafa.

We all knew the reversal of 15 years of rot would take time. It will not happen over night, and to be honest, next year will be much of the same - more new players will arrive over the summer and need time to settle.

However, we WILL win the league the year after that.

Keep the faith - be a supporter and a fan.

YNWA
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:10 pm

kr1s8y wrote:Weve seen some of the best players in europe and the world pass through our ranks the last few years and they have never been able to hack it with that red shirt on..... what i want to know is it something behind the scenes or are we just a total mug as a club...... players in mind diouf i hate him didnt do ****** here apart from party goes to bolton bangin them in... westerveld watched him a few times in spain just like good old first few weeks for us week in week out.... I read about (cant think of the club) who want morientes off us now cause we aint using him right and in a way there right..... 10mil for this 20 for that 1/2 mil Cahill doing overheads for everton against united hope i prove my point or id like someone to prove to me.

If this first post is a sample of your posts to come, then please get your coat and shut the door on your way out......................biggest load of nonsense I have ever read!!
maximus
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion