Liverpool vs pompey - Predict the score

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:08 pm

Pompey are missing key players for this match which is lucky for us - No Berger thankfully! + no Sheringham or Stone. With that in mind we should win easily. I'm going for a scrappy 2-1 win with Mikey and Harry getting the goals.

Any1 fancy setting up some sort of predictions league within the forum? 1 point for guessing the right result - 3 points for the correct score. Am sure it wouldn't be so hard to set up. :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pompeyboy » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:24 pm

Easy win pompey 2-1 :p  :D
Pompeyboy

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:22 am

4-0 to Liverpool, no problem!!! :)
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:57 am

Possibly a draw, I'll go for a 1-1
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:17 pm

I think 2-0 with Owen getting 1 and whoever partners him up front getting the other.  As for the leagure result thing I personally like the idea.  Something like on ESPN perhaps, with 1 point for correctly predicting a win and 3 for correctly predicting a draw?
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:55 pm

My suggested points system for predictions is : -

3 points for correct result
1 point for each part scoreline

examples

5 points : predict 3-1, result 3-1 (3 points for the result, 1 point each for scores)

4 points : predict 3-1, result 3-2 (3 points for the result, 1 point for the home side scoring 3 goals)

3 points : predict 3-1, result 1-0 (3 points for the result)

1 point : predict 1-1, result 2-1 (1 point for predicting the away side scores one)

It is a graded scoring system with the most accurate predictor getting most points. You could have 5 points for the correct result and 2 points for each part score
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:37 pm

we play s##t and our manager says different
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:22 pm

Absolutely gutted! I could shoot Heskey and i could shoot the ref! I had tickets to come up from Winchester for Saturday league game with Pompey and now it's a Cup game instead. :(

Again, poor finishing cost us dearly - I'm depressed
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:55 pm

Owzat wrote:Possibly a draw, I'll go for a 1-1

How did you know ? have you seen the match before ? But it was not a fair result, though ! :(
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:59 pm

Scottbot wrote:I had tickets to come up from Winchester for Saturday league game with Pompey and now it's a Cup game instead. :(

I was shocked when I heard they were switching fixtures, the league game will inevitably be mid-week now and it's disgraceful they should be allowed to do it.

We should have beat Pompey but yet again were unable to take our chances. You can say the keeper and defence played well, but do we expect them to come to Anfield and gift us goals? Players do well against manu and Arsenal, they don't use it as an excuse for not winning.

I'm annoyed to see my prediction come true, another fixture we don't need, especially when we ought to beat teams like Pompey at home.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion