Rafa crying

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby taff » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:19 pm

Yesterday as thats outside the City Arms pub in Cardiff opposite the main stadium entrance.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:35 pm

:D Brilliant just seen them on RAWK, wonder if Rafas seen them its like a religious icon :laugh:  f@ckin brilliant :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:21 pm

Someone has to lose a final CGGY, I wouldn't get too despondent. Its a gut wrenching feeling, but yesterday was an absolute walk in the park compared to Arsenal at Anfield in 1989. We could lose the Champions League final to Man UTD to a last minute Gary Neville over head kick but that would still not be as bad as Michael Thomas' goal then.

Its still a good achievement to get to the Final and do down narrowly in extra time. Thats the thing with finals: you win some and you lose some, and losing the occasional final can actually be good for building a bit of character.

In 1987 we lost the League Cup final to Arsenal and finished trophy-less but went on to win the league Championship the following year. Yesterday was just another road on the journey to success.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:50 pm

Good point JBG but just thinking about the result of the game  makes me feel sick to my stomach because we had a good chance of holding the trophy high and proud.
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:29 pm

Losing the League Championship to Arsenal with virtually the last kick of the match, only a few weeks after Hillsborough after a brilliant run of results crammed into the shortest possible time was the biggest kick in the teeth a Liverpool supporter ever had to endure, from a purely football point of view.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion