Refereeing standards - Must improve

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:20 pm

Don't think its been commented on cos we won but i thought the ref on tuesday nite was ******. 4 yellow cards (2 each) - none of which were deserved in my opinion. Didi got booked for a clean tackle. One of their players got booked for gently rolling the ball against Riise's head when he was on the ground. He gave a free kick for the slightest contact.

Fortunately he gave us a soft free kick for Riise's goal so i'm not complaining but if that had gone the other way i'd have been Fergie purple with rage!! Is this the European standard now? Our players really need to be aware - i'm sure they are really - that in Europe its almost a no contact game.

Most influential person on the pitch is the ref sadly. Big decisions decide games. Frisk was crazy to send off Drogba last night but Chelsea are due a few decisions against them so i was pleased!

Guess my point is that refereeing standards really must improve but for f#cks sake lets help them out with video playback on big decisions and lets nail the divers with bans and fines where video evidence is clear.

Rant over.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion