Premier league probes cole claims

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:40 pm

The Premier League is to launch an inquiry into allegations that Chelsea made an illegal approach for Arsenal's England defender Ashley Cole.
Chelsea have denied that Cole met boss Jose Mourinho and chief executive Peter Kenyon in a London hotel 10 days ago.

Agent Pini Zahavi and Cole's representative Jonathan Barnett were also allegedly present at the meeting.

Gunners vice-chairman David Dein has voiced concern at Chelsea's stance, saying: "There is a credibility gap."

right ok ... in the past the fa have said that a manager that id found to have done this would face being bannd from managing any teams in England for 4 years ... bet when they said 2 years the did not think it would be the manager of the prem leaders, whats the bet they dont stand by what they said lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:06 pm

If Chelsea are found guilty of an illegal approach, they could be deducted points.

But Aston Villa were recently reprimanded by the Premier League after Southampton complained about an approach to James Beattie earlier in the season.

And Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has insisted he does not want to see Chelsea hit with a points deduction
bbc web site
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:14 pm

lakes10 wrote:If Chelsea are found guilty of an illegal approach, they could be deducted points.

But Aston Villa were recently reprimanded by the Premier League after Southampton complained about an approach to James Beattie earlier in the season.

And Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has insisted he does not want to see Chelsea hit with a points deduction
bbc web site

Wenger wont chelsea to get points deducted as manure could win the prem, and theres no way he would help them to do that.
And if the truth be known they should have been charged for tapping Gerrard up last summer in the euros.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:15 pm

Deduct points and Man Utd could win the title, now who would want that ?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:17 pm

A.B. wrote:Deduct points and Man Utd could win the title, now who would want that ?

:D Fergie and the F.A.
, the F.A. will want to duduct chelsea points as to help the scum, because everyone loves them :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:24 pm

Well Abramovich has the money and he could pay his way out of it
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:22 pm

the more i read about this story the more i'm convinced that this meeting never happened. i can't believe that two intelligent guys like kenyon and mourihno would be stupid enough to think they could get away with it.

if found guilty, docking points is not the answer. they should be banned from any transfer business for the next few transfer windows. that way we keep gerrard. :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:26 pm

StMick we keep Gerrard away from Chelsea, but what about Real Madrid? The way there going they will be buying every good English player there is.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:29 pm

I think the Fa would love to see Man u win instead of Chelsea
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:30 pm

A.B. wrote:StMick we keep Gerrard away from Chelsea, but what about Real Madrid? The way there going they will be buying every good English player there is.

what, like jonathan woodgate. what a player he's been this season. :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:09 pm

stmichael wrote:
A.B. wrote:StMick we keep Gerrard away from Chelsea, but what about Real Madrid? The way there going they will be buying every good English player there is.

what, like jonathan woodgate. what a player he's been this season. :laugh:

Outstanding player for Real this season  :D , no I mean like Michael Owen.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to General Chat Forum