Trappotini
No votes
Sven
No votes
John Toshak
No votes

Total votes : 24

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:33 pm

Scottbot wrote:Has to be O'neil for me. Some might say he is long ball but i don't agree. Celtic can play quite direct at times but for the most part they keep the ball on the deck and play some good stuff. O'neil would be a breath of fresh air at Anfield.
Oneil has an excellent track record - taking Wycome from the conference to the brink of divvy 1, Leicester to 2 worthy cups and Europe, broke the rangers stranglehold north of the border + mixing it with the big boys in Europe. Passionate, articulate and the type of manager players love to play for. Moores should move heaven and earth to get him in the summer.

League cup wins is about all he has done in England. Tottenham, Blackburn and Villa have won it and even TRANMERE have reached the final. It isn't quite as impressive an achievement as people hype it up to be. Top ten in the Premiership - even Wimbledon and Everton have managed that! Winning the scottish premiership - wow! Two horse race or what, I'm impressed!  ??? Sure he's achieved a moderate amount of success but nothing which conclusively proves he will succeed at a top Premiership club
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby biscans tutor » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:37 pm

I think curbishly as if chelsea don't get him he may bring parker
biscans tutor

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:06 pm

I'd like to see Curbishley at liverppol too. He has many of the qualities required and seems to be able to get the best out of his players not just this season but in seasons past. Alternatively what about Raneiri ? If The Swede goe dto chelsea next seasona s expected I'd like to see Cludio at Anfield even if only for his post match interviews !!!! :p :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:04 pm

Until such a time as a manager takes charge at a big (English) club we won't know if they have the credentials to manage a big club. The requirements of managing a mid-table Premiership are different to those of a club like Liverpool. Spotting a player who can do a good job for you at a bargain price is a bit different to spotting a quality player who can do the business at a big club under pressure
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:04 pm

Don't flame me but I heard word after Chelsea's draw with Birmingham that Claudio Ranieri's future at Chelsea is at stake.  He took Chelsea to the Champions League ahead of us and he knows how to manage a team with stars fairly well.  If he became available I think Liverpool should show a bit of interest if the can't get a better candidate.  At any rate he'd do better then Houlier
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Dom1 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:00 pm

chelsea are going to become the next real madrid, they sack managers if they draw games!!
and at the end of the season if they have only won every cup possible, they still sack the poor guys!! f*ckin silly in my view raneiri is a good coach.(now that he has learned to speak english anyway)

Dom1 :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:59 am

If not Houllier then Thompson. :)
115-1073096938

Postby greenred » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:00 pm

Where have all those houllier votes come from?he only had two yesterday.Somebody fiddling the votes?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:29 pm

the difference a win can make in the world of footie eh!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:32 pm

f*ckin pathetic :angry:
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:01 pm

I voted for Houllier

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<