Celebrate scoring - D'oh

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:21 pm

'Jermain Defoe's devotion to his girlfriend cost him a suspension when he was booked for removing his shirt to reveal a message to her after scoring for Tottenham against Middlesbrough last month. In line with Fifa's edict on punishing the crime of garment removal Defoe saw yellow and subsequently missed his next game which earned a reprimand from Spurs' head coach Martin Jol.

Defoe escaped lightly. On Sunday the Servette midfielder Paulo Diogo paid a far heavier price for his romantic obligations. Diogo jumped up on a metal perimeter fence to salute the travelling fans in celebration of setting up his team's third goal for Jean Beauséjour in the 87th minute of their 4-1 away win over Schaffhausen in the Swiss Super League.

The Swiss-Portuguese, who only recently married, failed to notice that his newly-obtained wedding ring was caught in the barrier until he jumped back down and both the ring and most of his finger did not come with him.

But that was not the end of his suffering. With Diogo in obvious pain and distress the game was held up while match stewards took part in a frantic search to retrieve the finger, which did not impress the referee Florian Etter one little bit.

Despite Diogo's misfortune the 29-year-old midfielder got no sympathy from Etter and was promptly booked by the official for the length of his celebration.

Diogo's terrible night was capped when surgeons at a Zurich hospital admitted they were unable to re-attach his severed digit and advised the amputation of the remaining stump.'
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:21 am

****** that is crazy.

the yellow for taking off of shirt is the most ridiculous rule in football, what are FIFA thinking with it?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:29 am

LFC #1 wrote:****** that is crazy.

the yellow for taking off of shirt is the most ridiculous rule in football, what are FIFA thinking with it?

i sent an email to 'ask the ref' on p[remier league.com to ask what would happen if a player removed his shirt after scoring, but was wearing an identical shirt underneath. would he get booked.

it wasnt answered on the site and lo and behold, last nite a lyon player did just that, does anyone know if he got booked or not?     ???
112-1077774096

Postby Woollyback » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:43 am

Dunno, but if I was that Diogo bloke I'd have given the ref the finger for waving the yellow card! :D  :D  :oh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:45 am

Quite right too !!!!!!! Any player who removes a FINGER when scoring a  goal should be booked :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:59 am

Apparently at his local library anyone removing a book has to get fingered :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:00 am

:O What kind of Libraries do they run in Switzeralnd !!!!! Perverts !!!!!!!! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Honolulu Bob » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:06 pm

I think anyone who removes their shirt should be sent off and face an automatic 6 month ban.
So should anyone who hugs and kisses their team mates after a team has scored.
There's too much of this shennanigan's going on!You didn't see Sir Stanley Matthews ripping off his shirt  and snogging his teamates! :angry:
A firm handshake of congratulations should be more than adequate, perhaps a hearty pat on the back for a really exceptional goal might just about be acceptable too but it's time players started acting like gentlemen again.  :D
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room. It's for fun
Honolulu Bob
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:23 pm

.. How bout making them walk the "Plank" Bob ... In the best of the high seas traditions :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:10 pm

peewee wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:****** that is crazy.

i sent an email to 'ask the ref' on p[remier league.com to ask what would happen if a player removed his shirt after scoring, but was wearing an identical shirt underneath. would he get booked.

it wasnt answered on the site and lo and behold, last nite a lyon player did just that, does anyone know if he got booked or not?     ???

Don't know if the Lyon player got booked but i seen the celebration and he had too Lyon shirt so he never showed any flesh that why he wasn't booked  :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:44 am

Honolulu Bob wrote:There's too much of this shennanigan's going on!You didn't see Sir Stanley Matthews ripping off his shirt  and snogging his teamates! :angry:
A firm handshake of congratulations should be more than adequate, perhaps a hearty pat on the back for a really exceptional goal might just about be acceptable too but it's time players started acting like gentlemen again.  :D

Yeah! And I think we should all go to the game wearing hats ,so when a goal is scored we can throw them up in the air,like the good old days,and go home with a different hat after every game. :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion