WHU vs Liverpool Sat 27th April 2024

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby devaney » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 pm

I think it sums up the quality of officiating football in this country when Anthony Taylor is regarded as one of the best referees that we have got ??? Absolute feckin joke !! His recent performance failing to give Nottingham Forest two penalties and possibly three sums up the ineptitude of Taylor.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:07 pm

What upsets me is that it's the PLAYERS who are betraying Klopp. Not the fans, not the club, not the media but the players.
Without Klopp, those lads would be playing in the Championship, they owe their careers to him.
Former players like Hendo, Milly, Bobby etc.. must be incensed that they can give up on the manager at the end of 9 years.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 pm

Our defending looks so shaky. I don't know what Van Dijk is doing for their equaliser. Seemingly has Antonio but then let's him get on the wrong side for a free header.

Leaking too many goals, was always going to undermine any hopes we had of winning the title.
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

I think Arsenal deserve it and are the best team. Scored most, conceded least and a goal difference that is unmatchable. City will probably win it though as they get so many officiating decisions go their way and over the course of the season, it adds up. It has been the case for a few years and it sickens me that having the best team is not enough.

We got shafted this season and we should have easily 6 more points than we do, those were the blatant ones that couldn’t be explained, there were others. I just hope some clever reporter exposes this that we all see.

About us, we had our moments in the season but we always looked vulnerable at the back. In that period we were dominant, we kept so many clean sheets. This season we just kept giving silly goals away and relied on out attack to bail us out of trouble. When they went cold and started missing chances we came unstuck. You would have hoped the defense raised their game and made up the difference but they didn’t. Reading about our potential new manager, he plays very attacking football and sacrifices the defense, I hope we don’t go back to the Rodgers days or even the early Klopp days of 5-3 matches. Title winning teams have the best defense.
Last edited by kazza on Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 pm

We all knew it was over anyway but this is a bitter end..sad to see all this.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:21 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 pm

Salah caught saying "there'll be fire today if I speak" when asked about the touchline hissy fit.
Anyone know what actually happened?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:06 pm

That should be Salahs last game for us imo. Who the fook does he think he is carrying on like that having a go at the manager in full view of the world. It looked like he wanted to throw down with Klopp at one point and he was threatening to pull off the Jersey.  This is not United or Chelsea.  His pace is gone and its not like his finishing makes up for it so off the fook with him.

Anyway another disappointing result.  One thing is clear is that we need a few players. We have got to tighten it up at the back and we desperately need a bit of oomh up front. I'd look to take in at least one mid as well but the other areas need sorting.

I'd expect the Dutch lads to be more prominent next year with Slot. He will look to them for a lot of support so hopefully they step up. Virg hasn't been woeful this year but has been found wanting more often than you would like.  Gakpo has smarts about him but I think he's a bit soft. Not sure what his best position is either so maybe Slot will know. Gravenberch does look like a player but has been slow to settle and make an impact.but again not sure what position is best suited to him.

A lot of improvement needed for next season anyway.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:34 pm

I noticed 2nd half Gravenberch moved into more of a no10 CAM position.. and he looked way more effective. He had a few decent shots from range and he could be abit more creative/ambitious with his passing without causing a counter attack from a bad one.

I think he's a liability in a midfield 3.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 pm

There ae so manyu players I'd have sold in the summer if I was at the helm.
Salah gone, Alisson gone, VVD gone. Would give you a nice kitty to rebuild the team as there won't be that much money
in the summer.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:00 pm

Unless there is an astronomical swing in GD we only need 1 point to seal 3rd. Knowing that the lads will be already on the beach so expect our final 3 games with lackluster displays.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games