Union Saint-Gilloise v Liverpool, 14/12 KO: 17:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:30 am

I think the pitch was terrible and probably why we seem to have so many poor touches. A poor pitch is always going to be difficult for a possession team. Having said that our defense was awful and worrying how shallow our bench is, we seriously need some quality in central defense. Virgil is a fantastic defender but what he is also very good at is marshaling the back line to catch the other team offside. When he doesn’t play we play the same way with the high line but opponents break the trap. Their first goal was an example of this as Konate was a step slow moving up.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:06 pm

I don't buy into the pitch argument, we're Liverpool Football Club for heavens sake and employ some of the best footballers in the world who can only play on a snooker table top?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:16 pm

As I said Union are a good side who sit atop of the Belgian top flight, also unlike us they needed a result last night. A scratch team built around kids and fringe players was always going to be up against it there. Let’s worry about games that matter
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:14 pm

People seriously having a moan? We went away in Europe and played against the leaders of their league and put out a mish mash 11 because there was nothing riding on the result. We had young Bradley at RB who was starting his first game since injury in July. 19 year old Luke Chambers at LB. 19 year old Kaide Gordon starting his first game in almost 2 years due to an injury nightmare. And recently turned 18 Ben Doak. It was a group of players who would never have taken the field together and probably only had 1 or 2 training sessions to work on things. It was always going to be an untidy performance. And with injuries to Matip, Thiago, Robertson, Jota, Mac Allister, and Bajcetic, we where working with players who are outside of our second 11.

Give your heads a wobble moaning shitbags.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:34 pm

Eagle » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:14 pm wrote:People seriously having a moan? We went away in Europe and played against the leaders of their league and put out a mish mash 11 because there was nothing riding on the result. We had young Bradley at RB who was starting his first game since injury in July. 19 year old Luke Chambers at LB. 19 year old Kaide Gordon starting his first game in almost 2 years due to an injury nightmare. And recently turned 18 Ben Doak. It was a group of players who would never have taken the field together and probably only had 1 or 2 training sessions to work on things. It was always going to be an untidy performance. And with injuries to Matip, Thiago, Robertson, Jota, Mac Allister, and Bajcetic, we where working with players who are outside of our second 11.

Give your heads a wobble moaning shitbags.

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:40 pm

Not gonna moan , lets face it the result didn't matter.
HOWEVER ! the performance did (matter).
Wont rip into the "kids" but in all honesty I was hoping for a little bit more. I thought Doak in particular might shine in this one but he didn't and apart from Quansah I'd be hard pressed to name a youngster that looks like they have a future at the club   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games