Caoimhin Kelleher

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:49 pm

Surely deserves his own thread. I thought he has made some game saving saves in the last two matches all the while looking calm and confident. I real quality backup keeper to the best keeper in the world.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:34 pm

He’s looked really good but 2 games isn’t a big enough sample size to form proper opinion of the lad, I remember Karius being like a breath of fresh air when he initially took over from Mingolet, things can change quickly with young players. One thing I will say about Kelleher though is that he looks great with the ball at his feet, that’s a major plus the lad has got in his favour, all the top sides want to play out from the back these days and to be able to do that effectively you need a keeper who is good on the deck, Kelleher is certainly that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:34 pm wrote:He’s looked really good but 2 games isn’t a big enough sample size to form proper opinion of the lad, I remember Karius being like a breath of fresh air when he initially took over from Mingolet, things can change quickly with young players. One thing I will say about Kelleher though is that he looks great with the ball at his feet, that’s a major plus the lad has got in his favour, all the top sides want to play out from the back these days and to be able to do that effectively you need a keeper who is good on the deck, Kelleher is certainly that.

I think it is his calmness that impresses me, especially at his age but I agree that a couple of games is no where enough to judge. I will say that although I was happy we found a replacement for Mignolet, Karius did seem to have mistakes in him.

I’m just happy that we don’t have to see Adrian in goal as he always makes me nervous.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:21 pm

I like the look of this guy. Hopefully he will continue to improve.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:32 pm

Great performance today.  Saved a penalty and also made lots of runs to sweep up loose balls in defence. 

He's fast looking like Ali's apprentice
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:25 am

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc- ... n=sharebar

Maybe he's too good to be a number 2... he's going to be demanding first team football. We may need to sell him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:51 pm

Has really impressed in his league cup run. I do wonder if he needs a loan next season with another Premier League side, but a promising talent.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:56 am

Agreed, he's proven to be a pretty decent number two this season, especially in the League Cup games, and like you said in the match thread I hope he retains his place in the final, he deserves it. I don't think we should let him go on loan though. Every team needs a decent back up keeper and we should definitely keep him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 am

He is so young as keepers go but very calm and confident, not sure I saw him make even one mistake. I think we should not sell him as he is the future, Allison will surely leave one day and he would be a great long term solution.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:18 pm

He's come a long way over the last two years. He's been good for us in the PL and CL too. Bit of a double edged sword because I can see a few PL clubs looking at him for their number 1 spot and he might find that hard to turn down with Ali in front of him. But really hope he stays as back up keeper is always a difficult one.
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:00 pm

Klopp has confirmed Kelleher will play in the final.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:19 pm

Rumours continue that he's linked to Celtic. Can't help but thinking that would be a graveyard for such a talented keeper.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:13 am

He's too good to sit on the bench. But he's not better than Ali and (unless Ali wants out) he's going to be our number 1 for many years to come.

I question if Celtic can afford him. Didn't we turn down a £15m bid in the summer? 

After his first team run, he'll be commanding a lot lor than that in the summer
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:37 pm

I hope he stays with us. Top teams need 2 good goalies (we saw this period why).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:52 am

damjan193 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:37 pm wrote:I hope he stays with us. Top teams need 2 good goalies (we saw this period why).

Adrian scares the hell out of me, his mistakes change momentum in games and is a complete liability.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion