Reinforcements

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Donavan Ried » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:17 pm

maguskwt » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:30 pm wrote:We're not talking about trying to improve the first team mate. We are talking about improving the strength in depth. If we can improve the first team, heck why not.

Another ideal signing would be signings like zlatan and larrson that united utilised to come off the bench. Players who were once world class but pass their prime but still contribute as a sub or certain games when called upon.

As for youngsters i havent seen much contribution from them so far and this makes me nervous. Is there a young owen, a young gerrard, even a young sterling in there? I really doubt so.

Agree with much of what was said here... :bowdown

Like what I saw from Minamino (Salzbury) great feet and end product, unlike Lallana. If I were Klopp I would be looking to move Lallana,the Ox,Lovren and Shaqiri on this summer, buy Minamino, and intigrete Harry Wilson into the squad...

Said it elsewhere on this site I believe Zaha would be a great signing for us. He would enable us to rest any of the front three without the huge drop off in preformance when playing Origi or the Ox as one of the front three.

We have the potental to play 60 plus game per-season, and he (Zaha) starts 15 games in each position the front three (Mane,Frimino and Sallah) along with Zaha starts 45 games each. It can't be a bad thing...?

The other thing is how much longer can Milner last at this level...?
Donavan Ried
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:40 pm

Zaha is a good player and he'd certainly strengthen our squad but he turns 27 next month and Palace turned a £70m bid down from Everton only a few months ago. I'd be genuinely surprised if the club spent that much on someone that age especially given he wouldn't be coming here as a guaranteed starter but a back up to our front 3.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Donavan Ried » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Another season would have passed so the price would have fallen, plus Zaha wants European football and will be pushing for a transfer... But still if we can find someone else, another top player who can play as either striker (centre) or on the Left/Right it would still allow us to rest the front three. Just believe Zaha would be perfect for us and would suit our style
Donavan Ried
LFC Basic Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion