Getting logged out

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Anyone having the same issue?

Everytime i try to respond to a post i get logged out and have to log back in.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:14 pm

If you are inactive for a period you automatically time out. You can fix this on the log in screen by selecting the option "always keep me logged in".
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:22 pm

It happens instantly mate as soon as i make a post or two. I log in browse and as soon as i reply i get logged out. Yup I'll do that always logged in option.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:45 pm

Hey guys, I've been having a problem with actually getting this site to work, I'll use this thread if you don't mind redshade.

At first I thought the forum was down again, so I didn't bother much, but today I realized it was my own wi-fi that is the problem when I accidentally opened the forum through my mobile data connection. When I try to get on the site through my home wifi, this is the error I get:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Apache/1.3.42 Server at www.liverpoolfc-forum.co.uk Port 80
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:40 am

I had the same problem as redshade, annoyingly the first time it happened I had written a rather lengthy reply to someone only to see it disappear into the ether, I just assumed that I had lost track of time and spent too long composing the post so I tried again (this time typing quicker) only for the same thing to happen again!
By a process of elimination I worked out that any post longer than 2 short sentences and I may as well forget it, I was just wasting my time.
This was probably over a week ago, I stumbled across the keep me logged idea myself which seemed to sort it so I didn't bother mentioning it, I just assumed it was something to do with my iPad or something.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:13 am

I've never encountered any of the issues you lads are flagging up but I'll bring them to the attention of the sites admin.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:51 pm

redshade » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:22 pm wrote:It happens instantly mate as soon as i make a post or two. I log in browse and as soon as i reply i get logged out. Yup I'll do that always logged in option.

Never came across that one before but hopefully the always logged in option sorts it out.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:40 am wrote:I had the same problem as redshade, annoyingly the first time it happened I had written a rather lengthy reply to someone only to see it disappear into the ether, I just assumed that I had lost track of time and spent too long composing the post so I tried again (this time typing quicker) only for the same thing to happen again!
By a process of elimination I worked out that any post longer than 2 short sentences and I may as well forget it, I was just wasting my time.
This was probably over a week ago, I stumbled across the keep me logged idea myself which seemed to sort it so I didn't bother mentioning it, I just assumed it was something to do with my iPad or something.

If I dither over a post Yakka the same thing happens. it asks me to log in again and when redirected back to the post I find that whatever I wrote has disappeared. My way around it is after the log in page just go back 2 or 3 pages and what you wrote will be there and then you can hit submit as you are logged in again. I use a laptop though.

At the bottom of the main index page you can see who has logged in over the last 24 hrs and it also shows who is active over the last 5 mins so I guess being inactive for longer than the 5 minutes will time you out.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:39 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:01 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:40 am wrote:I had the same problem as redshade, annoyingly the first time it happened I had written a rather lengthy reply to someone only to see it disappear into the ether, I just assumed that I had lost track of time and spent too long composing the post so I tried again (this time typing quicker) only for the same thing to happen again!

If I dither over a post Yakka the same thing happens. it asks me to log in again and when redirected back to the post I find that whatever I wrote has disappeared. My way around it is after the log in page just go back 2 or 3 pages and what you wrote will be there and then you can hit submit as you are logged in again. I use a laptop though.

At the bottom of the main index page you can see who has logged in over the last 24 hrs and it also shows who is active over the last 5 mins so I guess being inactive for longer than the 5 minutes will time you out.

Just copy everything you've written as a safety measure, then you can just past it if it all disappears. That's what I always do.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with my problem. My access to the forum is forbidden with any other internet network apart from my mobile data, on all devices (phone, tablet, PC). It's getting really frustrating.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:21 pm

I've reported the various issues you lads have been having to the sites admin.

They are now investigating the "problems"

Hopefully they'll get it sorted.

Meanwhile, give them some time to investigate but please continue to give your feedback on how things are working for you.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:37 pm

The way i get my typed post back is via clicking reply again and usually the typed stuff is there.

For instance when i reply to a post and click send i am told i have to log back in. So what i do is on that screen go back and click reply. In the reply box usually my typed post is still there. So then i copy it log back in as directed and paste the post. Bit of a ball ache if you ask me. Still haven't tried the always log in thing so will give that a shot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:12 pm

redshade » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:37 pm wrote:The way i get my typed post back is via clicking reply again and usually the typed stuff is there.

For instance when i reply to a post and click send i am told i have to log back in. So what i do is on that screen go back and click reply. In the reply box usually my typed post is still there. So then i copy it log back in as directed and paste the post. Bit of a ball ache if you ask me. Still haven't tried the always log in thing so will give that a shot.

The always log in thing works for me mate, it's like it's back to normal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:43 am

Its started happening to me now  :laugh:  I cant seem to either log on or stay on, Attempted this post a load of times and when I did get logged in to reply to this thread, I only get logged out again when I click submit.

Always logged in works.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:06 am

Yup it only works when you select the always logged in option.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:21 pm

Any word on my issue from the admin, woof? Very frustrating that I can visit the site only by using my mobile data.

It's probably down to my internet provider or something, can't see how it could be a problem from the site, but still, some advice from the admin would be nice.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to General Chat Forum