Liverpool Fixtures 2015/16

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:51 pm

I'll tell you something that irks me every pre season, why do we devote so much valuable game time to getting our fringe players fit? Surely you can arrange behind closed doors fixtures at Melwood against local sides like Tranmere or Chester in order to do that?
Last year the likes of Kelly, Coates, Suso, Peterson etc featured heavily and they all got shipped out, that's without mentioning the likes of Borini who stayed but barely featured throughout the season.
For once I'd like to see a Liverpool manager decide early on the team he's going to start the season with and give that particular XI 3 or 4 games so they can iron out any faults and work on combinations before the season starts.
Fair enough have a look at one or two from the academy or one or two who have been out on loan like Ilorri and Wisdom but continually playing sides that are made up of U21 players and fringe players with one or two first teamers just seems pointless.
Let's see if we can hit the ground running for once, in fact looking at our early fixtures we are going to need to.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:40 pm

The fringe players play to give them a chance to stake a place in the first team - also a number of the first team players won't be at Pre Season until two weeks after it starts.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:51 pm wrote:I'll tell you something that irks me every pre season, why do we devote so much valuable game time to getting our fringe players fit? Surely you can arrange behind closed doors fixtures at Melwood against local sides like Tranmere or Chester in order to do that?
Last year the likes of Kelly, Coates, Suso, Peterson etc featured heavily and they all got shipped out, that's without mentioning the likes of Borini who stayed but barely featured throughout the season.
For once I'd like to see a Liverpool manager decide early on the team he's going to start the season with and give that particular XI 3 or 4 games so they can iron out any faults and work on combinations before the season starts.
Fair enough have a look at one or two from the academy or one or two who have been out on loan like Ilorri and Wisdom but continually playing sides that are made up of U21 players and fringe players with one or two first teamers just seems pointless.
Let's see if we can hit the ground running for once, in fact looking at our early fixtures we are going to need to.

This  :nod
I can understand some getting a chance to stake a claim but reality is that none have. Thought suso was fantastic in preseason last year and even aqua looked right at home with what we were trying to achieve in rodgers first season.
It didn't do either of them any good for their efforts
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:52 pm

Our first pre season fixture is on the 14th which is only a fortnight away. Remarkable how quickly time flies.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:52 pm wrote:Our first pre season fixture is on the 14th which is only a fortnight away. Remarkable how quickly time flies.

:buttrock
Some Thailand 11  :laugh: Its a shame llori will miss most of it unless he cuts short his holidays. He really needs to make it this year, at least enough to be kept as part of the squad.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:32 pm

A week tomorrow is our first game and the season itself is only a month away.
The nights will be drawing in before we know it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion