Portsmouth

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:09 pm

I know that we shouldn't care too much, buy my thoughts are with them during their terrible time, SSN are reporting that they will go out of business after administrators haven't agreed a deal with that :censored: Gaydamak for unpaid debts. Thank god it didn't happen to us, really.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Gaydamak will end up with £0 if the club go bust so it wont happen.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:50 pm

Nice one Arry
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:38 am

Feel gutted for there fans , so, so sorry for them

an i agree Bav, Redknapp has got a lot to answerfor in the part he played in this.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:28 pm

feel bad for the fans.

However, fans of all clubs should be asking questions when their club is clearly spending more than it can afford.

Harry has actually claimed that his net spending wasn't that high when you consider the prices they sold them at, not if figures back him up as I haven't checked.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:38 am

Pompey facing liquidation

Birch sets 10th August deadline or warns of closure

Last Updated: July 24, 2012 10:20pm

Portsmouth administrator Trevor Birch has warned that he will have no option but to close the club down on 10th August unless a deal can be reached with the club's highest earners.

Pompey are desperately trying to slash their wage bill but are being hampered by the stance of a number of senior players.

Birch believes the only solution is for the League One club's remaining high earners to accept transfers away from Fratton Park or agree to significant reductions in their wage packets.

But with an impasse seemingly appearing between the respective parties, Birch has stated that liquidation will become inevitable in just over two weeks' time.

And he warned the players who are refusing to compromise that they could end up with nothing if the South Coast club goes out of business.

There are two interested parties waiting in the wings hoping to agree a takeover - the Pompey Supporters Trust and former owner Balu Chainrai's Portpin group - but they cannot progress to bring the club out of administration until more players move on.

Birch told the Portsmouth News: "The facts are straightforward: under the terms of the offer for the club, in order to complete the CVA proposal, the players have to leave and conclude compromise settlements.

"This condition has been imposed by the Pompey Supporters Trust as well as by Portpin - both interested parties have made it clear that they won't take on the club unless there is movement from the players.

"We will continue to do all we can to facilitate these deals but the club's future hinges on the willingness of certain players and their agents to sign up to compromise agreements that are affordable both in terms of the amount and timing of repayments.

"Unless we make significant progress on this front by 10th August then we are likely to have no option other than to close the club.

"If the club is liquidated, players will not be protected by the Football Creditor provisions.

"They will become ordinary unsecured creditors in a situation where there is unlikely to be any dividend."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/7931088/Pompey-facing-liquidation

------------

Oh dear
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:46 am

They're like leeds, without the glory years.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby andy_g » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:54 am

at least we won't have to suffer that ***** with the bell any more

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Harry Redknapp offering to help out Portsmouth reminds me of that time Shannon Matthews' family helped with the search party to find her.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:34 pm

andy_g » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:54 am wrote:at least we won't have to suffer that ***** with the bell any more

he`s actually alright him, he`s been on radio merseyside a few times and he always comes across well. he had a lot of kind things to say about liverpool and everton (and scousers). he looks off his head with all his tattoo`s but he`s very level headed and knows the game inside out, he`s not just portsmouth fan but a fan of the sport in general.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion