Evening all - Loan player updates

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby Townender50 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Hello all, Swindonfan in peace.  We`ve just signed stephen Darby on loan until the end of the season.  Looks like a good signing for us.  Hope you do`n`t mind me coming on your board but I would be happy to keep you all updated on how he`s doing.
Townender50

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:49 pm

It  would be interesting to be kept up to date about the Lads progress at Swindon ,I rate Darby as a no nonsense defender who will be dependable and solid ......and welcome to the forum fella
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Townender50 wrote:Hello all, Swindonfan in peace.  We`ve just signed stephen Darby on loan until the end of the season.  Looks like a good signing for us.  Hope you do`n`t mind me coming on your board but I would be happy to keep you all updated on how he`s doing.

Nice one mate, think you've got an unpolished diamond there.

Welcome aboard and keep in touch.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Stephen Darby joins Bradford City on a 2 year deal

I thought the kid  was a steady enough fullback ,and I wish him the best of luck with Bradford .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:33 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:29 pm wrote:Stephen Darby joins Bradford City on a 2 year deal

I thought the kid  was a steady enough fullback ,and I wish him the best of luck with Bradford .

He had three people ahead of him in the pecking order unfortunatly
Benny The Noon

Postby ethanr » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:53 am

Benny The Noon » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:33 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:29 pm wrote:Stephen Darby joins Bradford City on a 2 year deal

He had three people ahead of him in the pecking order unfortunatly

Yea he seemed a decent talent, but with Kelly, Flanno and Robinson all playing relatively well when they had their chance, he's really got no hope of breaking into the first team.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 am

good luck to him at bradford.
there were high hopes for him at one time, i think he captained 2 f.a youth cup winning sides and captained the reserves as well which takes some doing.
it`s hard enough to win one of those f.a youth cups nevermind 2 (we`ve only ever won it 3 times in our entire history and darby was in a side that won 2 of them).
it just shows you though how hard it is for players coming through the ranks to break into the first team and to become a regular.
out of those 2 cup winning sides only really spearing made it into first team squad and he`s hardly a fixture in the starting XI, the likes of craig lindfield, adam hammill, paul anderson, jack hobbs, charlie barnett and now steven darby, all highly rated at the time, have left the club.
after winning two cups back to back i think people thought that particular generation must be something special but it didnt pan out that way.
they beat a very good man city side in one of the finals too that contained the likes of daniel sturridge, micah richards, kelvin etuhu, ched evans and that michael johnson (wonder what happened to him? i remember he broke into city`s first team and looked great, he was even being called the next steven gerrard)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Return to Introductions Forum