Forum organisation idea

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:00 am

Just an idea to make the forum a little more organised.

We currently have a players lounge section of the forum that pretty much never gets used. How about moving all the player specific threads over to the Players Lounge section?

It woul leave the General Discussion section cleaner. Currently on busy days, where so many heads are active, the General Discussion section is too busy.

Any objections?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:29 pm

Ya I agree.  It seems like that's what the players lounge would be used for anyway.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:58 pm

Great idea! I think the mods should consider it
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Any chance we can get this forum to work on tapatalk?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:17 pm

I don't agree.

It's one of those peculiar newkit conventions that current LFC players are hardly ever discussed in here despite being the designated thread, and I don't see much reason to change it now. If anything, because this forum has more often been the place for discussing former players, I'd suggest changing the title to reflect that rather than shifting every current player thread over here. It's also easier if you have current LFC team/player talk in the one place for those of us who dislike having to shift from one forum to the next to read about some aspect of the club. On other forums I know they separate the two, but there's often a need for it there as those forums are much busier than newkit. Let it be I say.
LFC2007

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:59 pm

i dont know if everyone already knows how to embed youtube clips but as i`m proud of myself because i`ve worked it out (and i`m usually cr@p with computers) i`ll try to explain how to do it for anyone interested.

when you post a reply, across the top of your reply message box there`s a line of functions, press the youtube function on the top right hand side.
then 2 tags appear something like these 2 - [ youtube ][ /youtube ]
between the tags you have to write the ID string or the code of the youtube clip you wish to show but you dont write the whole thing out. for example here`s a youtube clip ID string in it`s entireity -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbrjRKB586s

you dont need to include the `http;//www.youtube.com/watch?v=` bit of the ID string, infact it wont work if you do include it, the bit you need is the remaining part of the ID string, in other words just type out `WbrjRKB586s`  between the 2 tags.
some clips have `&feature=related` at the end of the ID string, just erase that part of the IDstring.

hope this helps, sorry for not making it a bit more clearer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:59 pm wrote:i dont know if everyone already knows how to embed youtube clips but as i`m proud of myself because i`ve worked it out (and i`m usually cr@p with computers) i`ll try to explain how to do it for anyone interested.

when you post a reply, across the top of your reply message box there`s a line of functions, press the youtube function on the top right hand side.
between the tags you have to write the ID string or the code of the youtube clip you wish to show but you dont write the whole thing out. for example here`s a youtube clip ID string in it`s entireity -

you dont need to include the `http;//www.youtube.com/watch?v=` bit of the ID string, infact it wont work if you do include it, the bit you need is the remaining part of the ID string, in other words just type out `WbrjRKB586s`  between the 2 tags.
some clips have `&feature=related` at the end of the ID string, just erase that part of the IDstring.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:04 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:59 pm wrote:i dont know if everyone already knows how to embed youtube clips but as i`m proud of myself because i`ve worked it out (and i`m usually cr@p with computers) i`ll try to explain how to do it for anyone interested.

Thanks for that, I was wondering how to embed them buggers.

I did figure out a while ago how to pop sound onto threads, but then asked Supersub to delete the threads I put up with sound on as, once everyone figures it out, it could become really annoying !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cordsally » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 am

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:00 am wrote:Just an idea to make the forum a little more organised.

We currently have a players lounge section of the forum that pretty much never gets used. How about moving all the player specific threads over to the Players Lounge section?

It woul leave the General Discussion section cleaner. Currently on busy days, where so many heads are active, the General Discussion section is too busy.

Any objections?

Nice idea! just go for it........................ :0
cordsally
LFC Basic Member

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge