Van nistlerooy - Fa investigation.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:20 am

FA look at Van Nistelrooy foul

The Football Association will study video evidence of Ruud van Nistelrooy's challenge on Arsenal full-back Ashley Cole at Old Trafford on Sunday before deciding whether to charge the Manchester United striker.

Van Nistelrooy: Fouled Ashley Cole. (MichaelSteele/GettyImages)

Van Nistelrooy could be hit by a three-match ban if the FA opt to charge him over the tackle, missed by referee Mike Riley, whose performance was slated by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

Soho Square officials are in for a busy time dealing with the aftermath of yesterday's crunch encounter, which United won 2-0 to end Arsenal's magnificent 49-game unbeaten record in the league.

They will also investigate Wenger's post-game criticism of Riley and van Nistelrooy was a 'cheat'.

In addition, they will also seek to find out how Sir Alex Ferguson ended up having soup thrown at him in the tunnel after the match.

Ferguson was confronted in the players' tunnel immediately after the game and was forced to change out of his suit and into a tracksuit to conduct his post-game TV interviews.

Privately, United are still considering whether to take the matter further, although without further co-operation the FA would have an extremely difficult task trying to level a charge.

Any intent behind Van Nistelrooy's lunge should be easier to determine. Sir Alex Ferguson felt the incident was innocuous, a view not shared by Wenger, whose own comments look set to land him in hot water.

'We know how Ruud van Nistelrooy behaves,' said the Frenchman. 'He can only cheat people - we know him very well.'

The tackle was labelled 'a disgrace' by BBC TV pundit Alan Hansen and the fact Van Nistelrooy stroked home the 72nd-minute penalty that put United on the way to victory only compounded Wenger's frustration.

fair enough by the fa, that tacle was a deliberate attempt by Van Nistelrroy to hurt cole, 2 or 3 matches would be a fair ban.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:32 am

I think the FA also need to look into why 'cheats' like Mike Riley are allowed to referree football matches.

Riley allowed disgraceful tackles on Cole and Reyes to go but penalised many minor challenges on Man U by Arsenal players.

Riley has awarded 8 penalties to Man U in his last 8 games at Old Trafford. He is a Man U fan.

Regarding Van Nistelcheat - how many times do we see a player who should have been sent off, go on to win the match? This is a disgrace.  :angry:
Red_Si

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:52 am

Wouldn`t surprise me a bit if the only ones getting sanctioned were Wenger and the "soup-thrower" :angry: 
And Reily probably is ref the coming manure matches aswell :angry:  :angry:
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:55 am

What kind of soup was it ???  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:10 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:What kind of soup was it ???  :D

pea soup  :D   :D

I suppose an Arsenal-player had mercy on him giving the wobbeling Ferguson some of his soup, as we all know drinking on an empty stomach isn`t healthy at all :D  :D
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 77-1098692964 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:51 pm

I'll say what I said on the other thread...

Maybe the FA should look in to Henry stomping on Heinze's head...or Bergkamp pushing arm into Smith...or Lehman when he spat on Rooneys feet...or Ronaldo when he got fouled!

And what Ruud did was a bad?!

Look, if you look at the "challenge" again (in normal speed), what you'll see is Cole charging into Ruud at high speed, smacking into him and then falling! The TV replay makes it look worse.

However, I think he'll get a 3 match ban for it...
77-1098692964

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:12 am

Henry i agree, the Bergkamp and Lehamnn incident's, well that is being a bit pedantic.

I disagree entitrley with your analysis of the RVn incident, although Cole was charging at him , RVN had every intent to put his studs in and injure Cole, reminded me a bit of Keane's tackle. In order to stamp this out punsihments need to be given, 3 match ban for Ruud please.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 77-1098692964 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:50 am

Yes..!

A liverpool fan who can give a decent reply!
77-1098692964

Return to Premiership - General Discussion