Reality Check

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:47 am

Reg » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:46 am wrote:
Kenny Kan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:29 pm wrote:I'm so glad you're okay Reg, we'd be lost without the fence jumper and his sarong party girl on here.  :ghostface:

Yeah and that T*ss*r the driver looked just like you Kenny.

I tried to get ya but changed my mind at the last minute - it's catching this 'changing of the mind' stuff.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:47 am

Glad to read you managed to dodge that truck Reg.

I feel sorry for this fella who didn't.

(warning some viewers may find this upsetting)

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:31 pm

:laugh:

Classic!
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:55 am

Good to hear you avoided the Reaper express Reg and great to see your back on the saddle straight away
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Red started a new thread just to tell us he sh!t himself?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:43 am

dawson99 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:27 pm wrote:Red started a new thread just to tell us he sh!t himself?

I put that in there to make folks smile but its equally interesting the people who focus on that one aspect.  :rasp
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Reg » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:22 am wrote:There's too much doom, gloom and moaning on this forum.

Last week I nearly cashed in my chips whilst out on my bike. Yes, the big one. I posted this on a cycling forum I frequent:

I was turning right from a sideroad onto a mainroad (traffic lights on red for the mainroad and green for me) when a truck went out of control trying to slow down, mounted the central reservation and came careering towards me. Nowt I could do, I thought my time was up. Fortunately he smashed into a central mounted traffic light which reduced his speed. Moving forward would have pout me into his path so I simply dropped the bike on its right side, kicked out of the clips in mid air then against the forward momentum managed to roll backwards 3 or 4 times. The truck came to a halt 3 yards in front of me lying on the road, my bike was under the truck, totalled.

The driver admitted full responsibility, the rozzers came and its been included on the truck company's insurance claim. I'll be able to salvage the rear wheel, everything else is done for. Absolutely gutted.

Observation, when you're faced with a 'Yikes!' situation, its amazing how your senses take over, I bounced and turned as deftly as a cat, just one small graze on my elbow to show for it. The missus says my shorts will wash clean.

The accident was going to happen whether I was there or not, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm very, very fortunate to be alive. I have a wife and two young sons. Sobering.

++

So before you post depressing drivel about Kenny or Carroll, lets thank g*d for the blessings we DO have rather than  focusing on the negative.

PS yes I am ok thanks, I just sh!t my pants, thats all which is a bit embarrassing.

A close one. I've had a few myself on my own bike. It can be dangerous out there, even for cyclists who are alert and kitted out correctly.

Anyway, good to hear that it wasn't game over and you're entirely correct...those type of close calls can really put things into perspective.

Carroll's still Shite though   :rasp
tonyeh

Postby tonyeh » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:47 pm

Fuck me...I don't know who's worse off there.
tonyeh

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum