Gerrard - Should he get england captaincy?

Please post your football related Polls in this forum

Gerrard - Should he get england captaincy?

Yes
64%
No
36%
Maybe
No votes

Total votes : 14

Postby metalhead » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:24 pm

HELL NO!!! I would rather he quite England all together
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:29 pm

No, I'd rather he focus on being our captain.
worcester_red

Postby tubby » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Don't think captaining the Country is going to make any difference to his performances for us. But I think England needs a bit of a change, id go with Joe Hart.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Tbh gerrard and the supposedly golden era have had their time and frankly been a bunch of :censored:.

Its time for the new breed to be given a chance.

The likes of ferdinand,cole,gerrard,terry,lampard although great for their clubs have never done it enough for their country.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:19 pm

He deserves it, but I don't want him to have it. Like MH said I would rather see him quit playing for England.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:50 am

I want him to quit England as well, but we all know that's not going to happen at least until after Euro.  He deserves to be England's captain far more then any others, and when he was given that privilege during the last world cup he excelled.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Greavesie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:51 am

England have missed their chance with Gerrard. I genuinely believe if we built the team around Gerrard ala Rafa Benitez England's performances in major tournaments would have been a hell of a lot better.

I agree with giving it to Joe Hart, purely because it can stay with him for 10 years and the media frenzy over it can do one
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:07 am

It should never have left Gerrard after the world cup. Throughout his England career he has been p!ssed about, playing left midfield or defensive midfield to compensate for the waster Frank Lampard. Whenever Gerrard has played in his favored role he has performed. He has done even better when he doesn't have the so called golden generation holding the team back.

So yes, Gerrard should be captain, but captain of a whole bunch of new players to the set up while we get rid of Terry, Ferdinand, Beckham and Lampard. It would also help if we stopped making out that Rooney is our key player when he hasn't done a bloody thing for England for years.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:01 am

Kharhaz wrote:It should never have left Gerrard after the world cup. Throughout his England career he has been p!ssed about, playing left midfield or defensive midfield to compensate for the waster Frank Lampard. Whenever Gerrard has played in his favored role he has performed. He has done even better when he doesn't have the so called golden generation holding the team back.

So yes, Gerrard should be captain, but captain of a whole bunch of new players to the set up while we get rid of Terry, Ferdinand, Beckham and Lampard. It would also help if we stopped making out that Rooney is our key player when he hasn't done a bloody thing for England for years.

Agreed. if England want any chance this summer they will need him as captain and played in his favoured position.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:21 pm

damjan193 wrote:He deserves it, but I don't want him to have it. Like MH said I would rather see him quit playing for England.

this. He does deserve it, and is bookies favourite to get it, but I dont want him to get it.

Take the rugby approach and give it to someone with one cap!  :D
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:24 pm

BTW what's the deal with Capello, is he trying to get the sack deliberately, he was a fecking idiot to have given the armband back to Terry in the first place and is now being made to look the fool he is.
worcester_red

Postby Greavesie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:06 pm

:laugh: :laugh:

Capello's in trouble and it's all John Terry's fault! :laugh:

Seriously though the FA were in a tough situation regarding Terry, damned if you do damned if you don't. This is pretty funny though, never a dull moment in the build up to a major tournament!
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Return to Football Related Polls