Kenny dalglish - Reputation questioned

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:52 pm

I'm hearing through the grapevine that Kenny Dalglish has been linked to Paul Stretford and the blackmail case. 

I know somebody has already posted something on this (I couldn't find the thread, sorry mods...) but what has Dalglish done to be in the news?  I don't know much about it really because it concerned Rooney's transfer and the whole saga bored me, but now Dalglish has been mentioned I'm interested.

It's not good news this for our greatest ever player.  I don't like it one bit.
jonnymac1979

Postby mynameisred » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:59 pm

Apparently he set up a meeting, there is no suggestion he was given a brown envelope under a table. However any association with Stretford is bound to be picked up and played on by the press especially a legend like king kenny.
Dont know about you johnny but I remember hearing the press conference on the radio (it was followed by that track 'im your venus im your fire' thing) when he walked from Anfield. I didnt really understand what it meant at the time as I was young but I knew it was important. looking back this was one of my first dissapointments as a Liverpool fan and I tend to forget about what a great player he was (and as me ma says he had a great ******) and instead I remember the slope we have been on since. I wish I could have actually been on this planet as a Liverpool fan to see him play so I could remember that instead (not the quality of his ******)but I had pressing engagements on Uranus.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:02 pm

Come on mods can we not even say a.ss. If you have a look in the Oxford dictionary under s.hit you will see an unbelivable number of terms, eg 'getting your s.hit together'. Anyone can buy a dictionary!!! Know what Im sayin!!!
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:46 pm

Mynameisred, I am fortunate enough to have been following King Kenny's career at Liverpool, from the first day to his appointment as player-manager, to his retirement as player and to his sudden resignation as manager.

His sheer class may never have been equalled by other Liverpool players. At the end of his first season, in the 1978 European Cup final against FC Brugges, he scored a world class goal, received the ball (can't remember from who), shook off his marker and dummied the 'keeper into diving and as 'keeper fell, he coolly chipped the ball into the net to score the solitary goal of the match. His ability to link-up play between the midfield and his strike partner was second to none.

Our greatest ever player.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:01 pm

It must have been unbelivable to have been around then man , Its kinda gutting. nice one azriahmad, good memory.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:42 am

azriahmad wrote:Mynameisred, I am fortunate enough to have been following King Kenny's career at Liverpool, from the first day to his appointment as player-manager, to his retirement as player and to his sudden resignation as manager.

His sheer class may never have been equalled by other Liverpool players. At the end of his first season, in the 1978 European Cup final against FC Brugges, he scored a world class goal, received the ball (can't remember from who), shook off his marker and dummied the 'keeper into diving and as 'keeper fell, he coolly chipped the ball into the net to score the solitary goal of the match. His ability to link-up play between the midfield and his strike partner was second to none.

Souness passed it to him
112-1077774096

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:34 am

peewee wrote:
azriahmad wrote:Mynameisred, I am fortunate enough to have been following King Kenny's career at Liverpool, from the first day to his appointment as player-manager, to his retirement as player and to his sudden resignation as manager.

Souness passed it to him

The brown envelope under the table?

Is souness involved in the Rooney scam as well??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:37 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
peewee wrote:

Souness passed it to him

The brown envelope under the table?

Is souness involved in the Rooney scam as well??

:D    you are just being pedantic. i will wait while you look it up in the dictionary before you respond   :D
112-1077774096

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:04 pm

jonnymac1979

I sympathise with your views but wellcome to the real world of football were corruption is rife and just considered as normal.

While fans like us continue to accept it then the managers, agents, players, agents and FA will let it continue.

Football and its supporters have a unique culture and this is evidenced on the forum eg this is a football forum what do you expect. This mentality permeates the whole structure and its us the fans that are letting it continue!
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:40 pm

I'm innocent :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby miniman » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:35 pm

I don't want to hear another ill word said about the great man. The best player LIVERPOOL ever had. There are not enough words to say how great I rate him. I am humbled at his very name. :)
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that"
miniman

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:45 pm

miniman

Yet another fan perpetuating the culture where its acceptable to take bribes. These people do the game no good and no other sport still reveers their sportsman even after taking bribes.

While that happens the bribe culture will continue.

Kenny was cheap too which surprised me!
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge