New kid here

Hillsborough remembrance and related information

Postby mikeb58 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:01 am

Hi, just a few words about why I joined this site, and why I'm a member of quite a few LFC sites.

Though I'm a Liverpool fan through and through, and have been all my life (since the '65 Cup Final to be precise!) my main concern over the past few years has been that of Hillsborough.

In that time I have put together 2 Hillsborough poetry books (1 compilation & 1 of my own work) All proceeds from these books went to Hillsborough groups.

The HJC funded the first book, the second book I funded myself.

I am currently working on a 3rd Hillsborough poetry book to be called The Myth of Hillsborough, again I will fund this myself and all proceeds will go to various Hillsborough groups.

This book will be published by countyvise, as were the previous 2.

I'm a full time social carer (on nights) so I just write poetry in my spare time. I live in Knotty Ash at the moment, just around the corner from Doddy.

I'm currently joining a few new LFC sites to make people aware of this new book, which will be out in March 2011.

To be honest I've not posted much in the other sites other than Hillsborough related topics cos I got fed up with the endless and tedious Rafa v Roy debates (rants!!)

I'm still a die hard Kopite at heart by the way, but maybe I've mellowed a bit over the years, I'm 51 now.
mikeb58

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Moved your post mate. Thought it would get more deserved attention in the Hillsborough thread.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mikeb58 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Cheers mate, wasn't sure if I could post in here yet.
mikeb58

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:58 pm

NP.

Have you got any links to the books ?

Perhaps you might want to post one of your poems in this thread ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Return to Hillsborough