Mendieta?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bpm1976 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:28 am

Have read he has some type of clause to sign at the end of the season for boro, but wasnt that the same with geremi who then departed for chelsea?  Have always rated him, from what ive seen of him over here hes been excellent, great passer, ability on the ball, high work rate and looks likely to score, lots of experience, sorry no offence biscan, diao etc.  I know hes not french and is a world class player but GH should surely over look these factors and high jack the signing from boro! himself, didi h, steve g and kewell in the middle for me would be ace! 

Good look lads today.
bpm1976

Postby Owzat » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:37 am

We could play him wide I suppose, how much would he cost? I think we need to start offloading the passengers accumulated by Kermit first, generate a little transfer funds
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:11 pm

OWZAT has hot the nail on the head there.
Get rid of Smicher, Heskey, Diao, Traore, Biscan etc etc, get some cash and go for proven ability.
Simple.##!
Torben Piecnik's Y-fronts

Postby azriahmad » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:03 pm

Mendieta is a great player, pure class! Good call Torben Piechnik's Y-Fronts. He has abilities on the ball, a high work rate and a great passer. These are qualities Kermit's favourite duds like Smicer, Heskey, Diao, Cheyrou et all lack even if we combine them together! It's a wonder why Kermit did not secure his services on loan from Lazio. I know, Mendieta is not an obscure Frenchman and/or has not played for an obscure club in the French league...
Lazio may be prepared to cut their losses and sell him at a reasonable price. Mendieta would be an even better palyer for Liverpool than Rivaldo might be. He has proven to be a class act for Boro and would be a good addition to the squad. But then, Kermit would play him in defence, then blame him for letting opposing players too many chances and release him on a free transfer because he is not "a Liverpool type of player" and buy more duds like Cheyrou...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:54 pm

Mendieta said last week that he has a "cast in stone" four year contract with Middlesbro which begins next summer and he also said that given the terrible luck he had prior to coming to England he doesn't plan on moving from the Boro, seeing that they have helped him return to form.

A pity.....Mendieta was the best player in Europe in 2001.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:00 pm

Yeah I think we missed on a great player, could have used him on the right hand side of midfield, theres no way Middlesbrough can lose him now, its a done deal, and I think it was a Free Transfer. The four year contract starts next season and he will be worth a bundle.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:25 pm

I heard in an interview Mendieta gave the BBC that the deal between Mendieta and Middlebsrough depends on wheter or not they qualify for Europe, I dont know if this is UEFA Cup or Champions League but that is the impression I got, so the door is still open if Houllier is willing to take the plunge........ legally of course we don't want the whole Zeige thing to happen again.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion