8, Russel Crowe
4%
9, Sean Penn
4%
10, somebody else (name them)
22%

Total votes : 27

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 09, 2006 9:54 am

Is there an actor whose films you automatically want to see and who performance you always enjoy ,even if the film was a turkey ? .

I have three ,Pacino, Depp and Nicholson . If I had to choose only one it would be Al "Hoo Harrrrr" Pacino . I was watching the vastly underrated "Donnie Brasco" (starring Pacino AND Depp ) again the other night and was reminded of just how brilliant this guy is .Thinking back I can't recall one of his movies (I've seen them all) that I haven't enjoyed .

Who's your favourite ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue May 09, 2006 10:03 am

Thats a toughie, seen as you have gone for three I think I'll do the same Di Niro, Nicholson and Spacey/Pacino, oops thats four.
66-1112520797

Postby laza » Tue May 09, 2006 10:08 am

Other  Ed Norton
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue May 09, 2006 11:04 am

I generally enjoy Johnny Depp films, but Pacino always puts my bum on a seat. He's legendary, along with De Niro. I love watching that one scene that they did together, in... forgot the name of it, but the amount of respect and power in those couple of minutes is electric.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue May 09, 2006 11:26 am

ok, a top 3?
1: al pacino - he ISb better than de niro, and he is still making great films. for his best see the ending to city hall

2: which leads me to john cusack. the only actor ive ever seen where i can really relate to his life. he makes romance films that guys can see because it feels true and is a genius actor

3:majorly out ona limb i gonna go for ryan rynolds. he was the guy from van wilder and before that he did two guys and a gal, a comedy in america.
im picking him as he was the only decent thing in blade trinity (apart from jessica biel to look at) and in the remake of amitville horror he was outstanding. i think he'll make some great films

special remarks go to: vince vaughan, ed norton, ziang zee(sp), tony leung, matt damon and alec baldwin lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue May 09, 2006 12:38 pm

what no Anthony Hopkins !!, and no Errol Flynn :angry:

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 09, 2006 5:56 pm

Judge wrote:no Errol Flynn :angry:

Judge , I know his latest movie has just been released in Leeds but the thread is about actors who are still alive . Don't take this to hard mate but Errol's DEAD !

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Red Baron » Tue May 09, 2006 6:05 pm

Gene Hackman is a personal favourite of mine.Loved him in Mississipi Burning.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 09, 2006 6:15 pm

Was very very tempted to put him (Gene Hackman) in that list Red . But his name doesn't really gimme that "must see" feeling . He is however a brilliant actor .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redsince2001 » Tue May 09, 2006 8:14 pm

were the hell is Tom Hanks mate?
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 10, 2006 1:30 am

The Ace1983 wrote:He's legendary, along with De Niro. I love watching that one scene that they did together, in... forgot the name of it, but the amount of respect and power in those couple of minutes is electric.

"Heat" - The ONE film where Al Pacino and Di Niro acted together in the same scene........

I always enjoy Kevin Spacey Films myself...... From the superb "Usual Suspects" to "An American Beauty" he's unmissable in my opinion and is such a talented actor.

De Niro is top drawer too although I don't like his comedy films .....

Jack Nicolson always gives good value. Watch him in "one Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" and tell me he isn;'t in the top 3 actors of all time !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed May 10, 2006 3:12 am

Oliver Reed, any drunk loser who p1sses on a live tv chat show gets my full respect :laugh:
82-1074641017

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 10, 2006 5:27 am

Robin Williams for me.

He can make you p*ss yourself one minute, and cry your eyes out the next.

Very underrated actor.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed May 10, 2006 6:25 am

Its Arjen Robben for me.

His acting is just so impeccable.. the face, agony, the eyes, shut. Often excells at the part of "skydiver" when his whole body is literally in the air, soaring majestically like an eagle with pale white skin and a superb Dutch accent. Such is his acting that many are left overcome with emotion, up on their feet to applaud the magic that took place in front of their very eyes. What's so amazing is his ability to look like he's down and out, only for our hero to stand up and walk around a second later. Performances like this have often been the talk of the town.

A classic Robben show would involve him rolling over and over in a way that would be impossible if he was genuinely hurt, finishing up several metres away from the point of contact, but with one eye on the referee. Pure Genius.

Its only a matter of time before he gets that big, golden bald guy.

And you all know that he deserves it.

:wwww

In all seriousness though.

Tom Hanks.

:D  Forrest Gump: "I'm sorry I had to fight in the middle of your Black Panther party."
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:44 am

Dalglish wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:He's legendary, along with De Niro. I love watching that one scene that they did together, in... forgot the name of it, but the amount of respect and power in those couple of minutes is electric.

"Heat" - The ONE film where Al Pacino and Di Niro acted together in the same scene........

I always enjoy Kevin Spacey Films myself...... From the superb "Usual Suspects" to "An American Beauty" he's unmissable in my opinion and is such a talented actor.

De Niro is top drawer too although I don't like his comedy films .....

Jack Nicolson always gives good value. Watch him in "one Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest" and tell me he isn;'t in the top 3 actors of all time !

If you ever get chance to watch a film called K-Pax watch it, Spacey is top drawer in that, and another good one of his is 'The life of David Gale'

Great actor

:buttrock
66-1112520797

Next

Return to Non Football Related Polls