Youth to watch for.

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:16 pm

Some of the youth to look for in the future :

John Welsh - he is an excellent prospect who is destined for the very very top. After making his debut last season has rightly been promised more of a chance now he is officially clear of the academy. Captained the Reds Reserves regularly last season and should continue to progress if given the opportunity.

David Raven - he is an outstanding defender who has the potential to go all the way to being a first team regular for many years.

Zak Whitebread - A good defender who reads the game really well and has good pace to get back in most situations. He can also come up to score a few.

John Paul Kelly - The lad who come from Dublin is really one to watch in the midfield he has bags of skill and pace and is good on the ball with both feet. I believe he could be a World Class Midfielder when he comes of age!

Mark Smyth - He has been playing regularly with the reserves this season and starting to come on now scoring a bit more. He is getting better every day.

Stephen Vaughan - He has good ability but is a bit short in secure.

Lee Peltier - He is one to watch for in the future another centre midfielder, he is still very young but a born natural can put the ball anywhere and make good breaking runs, needs to fill out a bit but like I said he is still a wee one.

Steven Gillespie - He is going to be World Class striker in the future, with 13 goals in 12 games for the U19's and 3 goals in 10 for the reserves he could get a squad number in the next couple of years.

Karl Noon - A regular in the Under 17's side has made 4 or 5 appearances for the U 19's and netted a few as of late.

Sound impressive for Liverpool fans. :)
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:27 pm

Darren potter looks a decent prospect in midfield as well.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:55 am

I haven't had the opportunity to see any of them play but from the sounds of it Gillespie has a promising future.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby RedSi » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:06 pm

Let's not speak too soon about Gillespie, I seem to remember Neil Mellor had a phenomonal strike rate in the U.19's and Reserves........ :cool:
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge