Warnock

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:56 pm

Reports in the Netherlands are suggesting PSV Eindhoven considered a move for Liverpool's Stephen Warnock prior to signing Michael Ball.

Ball came in from Rangers on deadline day to solve Guus Hiddink's left back problem, but it is being claimed Warnock was also considered as the replacement for Tottenham's Lee Young-pyo.

Warnock has fought back from breaking his leg three times to secure a regular berth in the Liverpool squad and it is believed PSV were alerted to his talents.

The defender is rated highly at Anfield and Rafa Benitez would have been most unlikely to sanction a sale, but a loan deal could have been considered.

However, Warnock was not given anything to consider as Hiddink switched targets and brought in Ball at the 11th-hour.

Warnock has fought back from his injury troubles, but admits he came close to calling time on his career.

"I have broken my leg three times and had been out for three-and-a-half years trying to get fit," he told the club's website. "I broke my tibia and fibula twice in the same place and broke it the second time after three games when coming back.

"It was tough. I remember the second time I did it I wanted to quit completely. I just thought 'I can't be going through another eight or nine months of this' because it is agony to do it.

"I didn't think what I might do if I quit, I just thought I couldn't go through it again. The surgeon wasn't sure whether I could recover from the break and wasn't sure whether he could do a good enough job to help me play again.

"But I was fortunate and once people came in from the Liverpool Academy to talk to me, I just knew I had to come back and give it a go.

"I'm 100 percent fit now. I don't even think about it any more. It has been a long road to recovery for me but it has been well worth it."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:03 pm

what do u want me to do about it
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Afroman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:08 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:what do u want me to do about it

Not make stupid comments if you can manage it of course
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:30 am