See what we can do again's chelsea! - Can we beat chelsea

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby LFC08 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:27 am

My answer i don't think we can yet! we not ready as a team.
LIVERPOOL FOREVER!
I'll take it to the Grave
I will as well.
LFC08

Postby madred » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:00 pm

I know Chelsea have vastly improved on last season when we went there and won but so have Liverpool. With a bit of luck maybe we could take all 3 points there again but i realise its a tall order. Im hoping at least we get a point from it but our away form has been bad this season.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:15 pm

i hope im wrong... but.... seriously... no\chance.  a draw would be a major acheivement
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby miniman » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:34 pm

[B]In present form we have no chance. Chelski will eat us alive. It saddens me to say but we are not ready.
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that"
miniman

Postby the great one » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:36 pm

are you all liverpool fans none of you think we can beat chelsea ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby miniman » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:42 pm

Someone said earlier that we played good against Norwich but you must admit they made it easy to look good.We have played two good teams and both times they have tanked us.
"Football is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that"
miniman

Postby the great one » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:51 pm

yeh i know norwich aint no chelsea but we are liverpool fans we should be thinking chelsea are gonna steam roll us just cus we aint won away from form there a very defensive team and 1 goal will seperate the teams.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:54 pm

and if the fans thing lets go there not to lose wat will the players bein thinking ???
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:20 am

Football is all about opinion when your a fan and my opinion is that a draw wil be a credible result.

Can we win ? Yes, of course we can but will we win ? Wait till Sunday but I think we are aiming for a draw and a decent performance AWAY from home :blues:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:22 am

After Chelsea we have Fulham away, Charlton at home and Blackburn away. A decent run could start on Suunday with a Draw and then look to get another 7 pts out of 9 in the next 3 fixtures......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:01 am

Rafa is always looking for three points no matter who we are going against so we won't be going for a draw, as he said "I don't know how to play for a draw, only for a win."

Chelsea isn't unbeatable, if we play with no effort we will achieve nothing. Its simply up to the players self-confidence.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:09 am

Of course we can win and of course we can lose or draw thats beauty of football.
Though our chances of a loss go up considerably if our players have the same they cant be beaten because they are so good mentality as some of the fans.
Realisitically it will be tough match and hopefully no matter what the result is we will see a more improved effort from away side Liverpool
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:59 am

The recent away performances has left a lot to be desired but on the bright side, the only way is up (yes, it sounds so corny), but we should not be so pessimisstic just because we had bad away results so far.

Being a realist, and as we are facing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge with them just having demolished Porto, a draw would be a great result for us.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC08 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:54 am

I want us to win on sunday but i cannot c it. Give it till next season when all the players can adap.then c what happen's
LIVERPOOL FOREVER!
I'll take it to the Grave
I will as well.
LFC08

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:14 pm

we are capable of winning at chelsea but unfortunately i've seen nothing away from home this season to suggest that we will get a result. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge