Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Keris » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:36 pm

ElNino9 wrote:Before my time. :laugh:

He was quality mate.
Arbeloa X 10  :nod  :buttrock
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:10 pm

I was only starting to grow hairs in unusual places when Rob Jones come about I remember his debut against the Mancs and him being up against Giggs and Rob Jones made that position his own from that game on.Me dad even said to me this lad is going to be a good player.

I think even Giggs himself come out that season and said Rob Jones is the best defender to come up against him
roberto green

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:04 pm

roberto green wrote:I think even Giggs himself come out that season and said Rob Jones is the best defender to come up against him

I remember Giggs saying that.

Jones was a quality player, excellent in defence and useful going forward.  Had it all as a fullback, very unlucky with injuries though.  Would have got a hell of a lot more England caps had it not been for injuries.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:13 pm

john craig wrote:
roberto green wrote:I think even Giggs himself come out that season and said Rob Jones is the best defender to come up against him

Jones was a quality player, excellent in defence and useful going forward.  Had it all as a fullback, very unlucky with injuries though.  Would have got a hell of a lot more England caps had it not been for injuries.

I know Gary Neville wouldn't of had a sniff otherwise
roberto green

Postby red_guy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:48 pm

john craig wrote:

Yup, Giggs did say it... Jones, one of my favourite players..never saw a fullback that was so good... someone said arbeloa 10x...i'd say 15x.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:18 pm

red_guy wrote:
john craig wrote:

Yup, Giggs did say it... Jones, one of my favourite players..never saw a fullback that was so good... someone said arbeloa 10x...i'd say 15x.

No no no.

I'd say 16x

:D
roberto green

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Trigger was great and was amazed and shocked when Venables picked neville over him for england - think Evans didnt help him by moving him to left wing back but he still performed to highest level - if it wasnt for injuries he would of been up there with Neal as one of our great right backs

P.S. He made his debut for england in the same match Shearer did against France - remember watching it and Motty saying that is englands new right back for years to come .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge