Mighty red hard men - Who was the hardest?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Mighty red hard men - Who was the hardest?

Ron Yeats
No votes
Tommy Smith
38%
Jimmy Case
4%
Graeme Souness
46%
Steve McMahon
4%
Neil Ruddock
No votes
Steven Gerrard
No votes
other?
8%

Total votes : 24

Postby ROBtheRED » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:10 am

With Razor Ruddock shitting himself about the snakes and the bugs in the jungle, does he deserve to be labelled a hard man of football? you decide!

I can't choose between Tommy Smith and Souness! please feel free to post any hard ba#ta#ds i've forgot! !  :angry:  :angry:
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:16 am

Souness was the man.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:37 am

Couldn't agree more with greenred that Souness was the man based on his overall skills and leadership qualities besides being a hard man and also his achievements for Liverpool. It was a shame that his reign as manager coincided with a very poorly committed team with the emergence of the spice boys and also his own misjudgements in the transfer market.
His passion alone would make him a good motivator for the present lot.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:16 pm

Souness, no question
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby sunburntred » Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:44 pm

There is only one "Anfield Iron". That is Tommy Smith. Tough as nails, passionate as anyone about Liverpool, great tackler, great captain and very underated as a very good footballer. I had the privelege of being behind the goal in the Curve Nord Rome's Olympic Stadium, 25th May 1977 wher Tommy scored one of Liverpool's most famous goals. Graeme Souness was one of the best midfielders in the world, great player but Tommy was the Hard Man.:blues:
sunburntred

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:34 pm

Am too young too have seen Smith play so i can only go on the players i have seen and remember. Souness made Razor Ruddock look like a pussy-cat! + had all that talent to go with being one hard motherf*****r.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:22 pm

Paul Ince!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby gaz31 » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:53 am

PAUL INCE WAS HARD AS NAILS HE WOULD HAVE SEEN ALL THE OTHERS OFF!!
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby catenacio » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:22 am

paul ince !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ho ho ho ho

what a fanny !! - dont make me laugh

dont forget that a#sehole walked off the pitch when we were 1-0 up against the mancs in the fa cup - a captain should be carried off !!!!!!!
catenacio

Postby ROBtheRED » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:37 pm

catenacio wrote:paul ince !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ho ho ho ho

what a fanny !! - dont make me laugh

:laugh: Ince wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes against the likes of Souness! ! !

Gerrard should have ripped his head off at Molineux the other week, Guv'nor MY a#se! ! ! !
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:15 pm

Hard men?
You'll have to take my word on this lads (because I once played against him at school level and watched his career blossom at Liverpool).
THE hardest man(which the question adressed) was Tommy Smith.
After him in second place it was Gerry Byrne who played the second half of our first FA Cup win with a broken collar bone.
In third place - Jimmy Case.
And in fourth place - a lot less harder (but more skilful) was Souness.
Tommy, I've still got the bruises mate! And you frightened the life out of everyone, including Norman Hunter!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:06 pm

paul ince
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:32 am

what about Smicer  :D

only joking, i saw both Smith and Souness play, Souness was a class act but played when refs where starting to clamp down, Smith had more freedom to be an animal but dont forget he could also play football. apparentley on his first day at Liverpool his mum brought him to the ground and said "this is Tommy, please look after him, his dads just died"

Gotta Love em!
112-1077774096

Postby DrLiverpool » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:12 am

peewee wrote:what about Smicer  :D

only joking, i saw both Smith and Souness play, Souness was a class act but played when refs where starting to clamp down, Smith had more freedom to be an animal but dont forget he could also play football. apparentley on his first day at Liverpool his mum brought him to the ground and said "this is Tommy, please look after him, his dads just died"

Gotta Love em!

:D     :laugh:     :laugh:     :laugh:

I said Tommy
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:44 am

Thats a tough one but I had to go with Tommy Smith even if my Uncle is married to Steve McMahon's sister  :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge