El hadji - Stupendous!

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:18 pm

This article just beggers belief..............

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....ll_Home
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:31 pm

all hail king dioufy of bolton.

the fan's favourite? well, there's no one else in spitting distance.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:56 pm

:laugh:  (from Sky): "It could be a battle between him and Jay Jay as to who's the king out there."   :laugh:  :laugh:   

:laugh: I'm cryin :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:20 pm

He does seemed to have turned a corner.  The lad has been motm for the last 4-5 games.  Still Iwouldn't have him back though.

You have to say it shows how little confidence Houllier put into the players by playing them out of position.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:04 am

Ola, I don't think that it is because of houllier's lack of faith in players that he plays them out of position, most of the time is because he was trying to fit them into his so-called plans and to fit them into his rigid playing tactics. He buys them for their abilities and potential, then realises that he is short some where and tries to compensate by playing them out of position.

Houllier maybe is a fine technical coach as he is very highly regarded as such across Europe, but he is a tactical mess and his man-management/motivational skills are not top notch.

As Diouf was one of his more expensive buys, Houllier should not have played him out of position like that and should provide more man-management time on him as well.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:22 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:This article just beggers belief..............

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....ll_Home

Give the lad a  chance  :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:37 am

he's had enough ****** chances! offloading him in the summer will be a major relief!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:49 am

I have a couple of friends /work coleagues who support Bolton and they watch him from the stands and can't speak highly enough of him and are desperate to land him in the summer.

Like a lot of LFC fans I thought I'd heard them wrong the first time when they spoke of how good the player is and how impressed they were with him ???

Looks lie the player is going to join a long list who have arrived at Anfield with promise only to underachieve and ultiamtely fail to cut it at Anfield ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:19 am

I heard in the local radio (here in Malaysia) this morning that Rafael Benithez saya that "Liverpool needs players with the abilities of Diouf, even if he will mostly sit on the bench" and that "Bolton can buy him if they offer at least 4 million pounds".

I can't find this anywhere on the net so far and don't know how much of these are genuine. If we are stuck with Diouf, I hope that he can contribute positively and change his ways of having a lot of potential to get sent off.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:48 pm

I heard that interview somewhere as well. Not sure where. i think rafa is right to look for a decent bit of money for him no point letting him go too cheap
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:12 pm

Rafa is right to want a cut of the 10 million we forked out for him back!  I say sell him for 2-3 million and demand a sell on fee....that way, if Bolton make him greta and sell him for a big fee we get to see some of it!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rosa » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:25 pm

a front three of cisse and diouf either side of morientes would do well next season if Rafa wants to give it a chance at home. :O
Rich
rosa

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:34 pm

Can't see it happening. Don't think Rafa would go with 4-3-3
Don't think it would help us either we need to be 4-4-2 with two decent wingers to give us width
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:59 pm

I'd like to keep Diouf for another season and see how he gets on. I've always had time for him and he was never given a chance to play in his proper position for Liverpool :cool:
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge