Cisse - fastest player in the squad - Why aren't we exploiting his pace?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:03 am

Cisse is the perfect player for a team that places ten men behind the ball and waits for counter-attacks, we don't play like that under Rafa
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby neil » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:17 am

form an orderly cue here to give micheal owen a nosh, again, in another feckin thread, teds.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:19 am

neil wrote:form an orderly cue here to give micheal owen a nosh, again, in another feckin thread, teds.

Brilliant :D

It does always come back to Michael doesn't it.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:37 pm

If Cisse had normal pace, would he be a footballer for a top club? no way, not even lower league in my view. poor finisher, dribbler, touch, movement , vision etc, footballing brain.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:23 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:All this and a 14m price tag on his shoulders is unreal. Never is he worth that money. But Houllier thought he was like he did with, diouf, diao, etc. Some money well wasted there, total of 29m. Need i say more.......

Possibly derserves a thread of it's own but one day the truth will come out about how much back door money a certain manager made during his time with us .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:01 am

Woof!... surely you are not suggesting that an honest manager like Hou-----, who nearly lost his life while managing the football club he loves, could (oh my god, I can't even bring myself to type the words...) do a deal and receive "back door money" as you put it? The very same manager who won us the "unique" treble and the Chairy Shield and UEFA Super Cup (that's FIVE trophies in ONE calender year)?

I'm choking on my own words.... :p

Actually, I was really glad they got rid of him because he wasted so much funds on stratosferically expensive duds who couldn't give a toss about pulling on the famous red shirt and playing passionately for LFC.

What you said is not something that would have surprised me because while not questioning the integrity of a particular manager, it is very odd for him to repeatedly pay over the odds for players bought from the French league...they should launch an investigative audit on this thing!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rickf1 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:24 pm

actually i have to say that gonzalez is faster then cisse, or at least he uses much better his speed then him. wait and see
rickf1

Postby AwiLas » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:54 am

Hah.. The only counter attack that is lethal always starts with Stevie G.. Why.?. Coz he never stops the ball to think what to do next.. He will run towards the goal and he will never try to go for glory.. He's a genius to say.. He won't shoot the ball with his weaker foot, knowing that he got Kewell or other players running to be squared.. As for Cisse, being selfish for a striker is true but shooting with all your might, straight at the keeper somemore, is totally outrageous.. Strength is never enough if you don't have the instinct.. Cheers..
AwiLas

Postby pur3 rav3r » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:58 pm

Big Niall wrote:If Cisse had normal pace, would he be a footballer for a top club? no way, not even lower league in my view. poor finisher, dribbler, touch, movement , vision etc, footballing brain.

r u shot out ur head or something. if u watch a liverpool match when cisse is playing u will c he does some gd stuff but if he does 1 thing wrong every1 sticks to that and then they say he is :censored: watch the match  when he is on next and u will c that he is a gd football player but no1 really gives him a break.
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bng89 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:45 am

Cisse can very easily get around defenders just because of his pace. I can remember his goal against Everton were he round the player with just pace and put the ball in the back of the net. If he has some space and time, he can do some great things
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby pur3 rav3r » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:20 pm

bng89 wrote:Cisse can very easily get around defenders just because of his pace. I can remember his goal against Everton were he round the player with just pace and put the ball in the back of the net. If he has some space and time, he can do some great things

gd to c some1 on here has a bit of sense. :)
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:19 pm

bng89 wrote:Cisse can very easily get around defenders just because of his pace. I can remember his goal against Everton were he round the player with just pace and put the ball in the back of the net. If he has some space and time, he can do some great things

Give me space and time on a football pitch and ill do great things, FACT is we paid 14 million pound for a player to do it without time and space, something you dont get in the english game, meaning you need ability and timing of runs to work a space.

Cisse's lack of football knowledge is shocking.

He has pace, thats it, and he doesnt even know how to use that right half the time.

Good riddence for me in the sunner, think its best for both parties he leaves.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:16 am

Electric pace alone, without enough smarts on how to actually apply it, would not be much of an advantage. In a typical EPL match, the pace of the game is already fast and furious with referees allowing a lot more physical jostling than in other European leagues. A top flight football player who is very quick can't expect to outsprint his top flight opponents ALL OF THE TIME, and you don't get 100 metres or so to use your extra speed to make it yards ahead of the opposition, mostly it is a short burst of sprint, hence the ability to leave a top flight oponent trailing in your wake is to anticipate and time your runs effectively.

Sadly, Cisse has very little ability or football knowledge, as Garymac rightfully posted here, to exploit his main strengths to his and our advantage.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:14 am

Garymac wrote:

Give me space and time on a football pitch and ill do great things, FACT is we paid 14 million pound for a player to do it without time and space, something you dont get in the english game, meaning you need ability and timing of runs to work a space.

Cisse's lack of football knowledge is shocking.

He has pace, thats it, and he doesnt even know how to use that right half the time.

Good riddence for me in the sunner, think its best for both parties he leaves.

good shout GaryMac

as for his goal, didn't Crouch run round Weir as well.  Cisse is not good enough to play for Liverpool
Mark 23

Postby darwisigila » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:19 am

speed with no brain is useless.......that is cisse
darwisigila

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge