Academy and junior players

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Barca Murph » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:00 pm

Joe i agree that Dani might never have had a chance to play in the 1st team. You have to be a special player to play upfront for Barca, but you never know. Cesc would definately be a 1st team player by now though.
Barca Murph

Postby granota » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:59 pm

hello!I'm a Levante fan(Spain, Valencia). Here they say we are about to sign Palleta, but it is being very criticized becuase people say he hasn' played very well at Liverpool..is this true?what do you think of this player?
granota

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:12 pm

yes it is true. HE is still young, maybe he is better suited for La Liga.  I think when he first came Rafa compared him to an Ayala style Argentinian defender.
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:18 am

Anyone know why Dani Pacheco is not on the Spain U-17 World Cup Roster?    I thought we were getting one of the country's top talents.
JoeTerp

Postby wavertree » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:42 am

Here was a rumour about a Athletic de Bilbao's footballplayer called Iker Muniain. He is 14 years old, and he is playing in the pre-season with the first team. But finally, he has signed a contract for a lot of time with this team...

What about Mikel San Jose? How is he working?
wavertree

Postby B.Penno » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:28 pm

That swede kid astriavic (not sure on the spelling) is special lets hope he keeps getting better
B.Penno

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:10 pm

Astrit Ajdarevic.  Big left footed good quality, helped the U18 win the youth cup as he joined us in the January window before we won. I am expecting him to get the call up to melwood, him and Plessis in the Centre of midfield could be pretty intimidating, especially if they bulk up some and grow into their frames.
JoeTerp

Postby Octsky » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:32 pm

have we got any one in our academy like the mexican kid vila (i think) from arsenal.
saw some highlights of him in the league cup vs sheffield utd and wigan, wow, he looks like a future star.
right now the arsenal kids on a good day looks like they can rival any prem team from the bottom 10. i got a feeling rafa doesnt put much trust on our kids.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:21 pm

Carlos Vela is his name.  Closest thing we have would be Lauri Dalla Valle but even he is already behind the pace of Vela who was playing regularly in the Spanish Segunda when he was 17, and in La Liga at 18. Dalle Valle is already 17 and still in our U18 team (although it was reported that he was going to move up to the reserves but I think there is such a log jam there at the moment that he is still playing at U18 level in order to get as much playing time as possible.

Pretty incredible that a talent like Vela had to wait so long to get his work permit.
JoeTerp

Postby Octsky » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:20 pm

thanks joe for the infor...but sad to said it hard to see where the next steven g or carragher will come from..i think to built a strong dynasty that dominates the league we need to have local lads that breathe and bleed for LFC. something like man u quad - beckham, giggs, scholes, neville, and of course our own of fowler, steven mac, redknapp and owen.
the backbone of the club must be those players who been in the club since young and care for the club.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Octsky wrote:thanks joe for the infor...but sad to said it hard to see where the next steven g or carragher will come from..i think to built a strong dynasty that dominates the league we need to have local lads that breathe and bleed for LFC. something like man u quad - beckham, giggs, scholes, neville, and of course our own of fowler, steven mac, redknapp and owen.
the backbone of the club must be those players who been in the club since young and care for the club.

I guess then Martin Kelly is  your best bet there.  He is a RB/CB that moved up to Melwood a year earlier than he needed to and looks pretty good, maybe he is the Scouse Sergio Ramos    :D     

Darby just made is debut, and if Arbeloa gets suspened or injured again maybe he will get more of a run out

Then there are Irwin, Spearing, and Pepper. All have quality, drive, and heart for the club, but are seriously lacking in size and/or pace, and sometimes decision making too.
JoeTerp

Postby xxTorresxx » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Coady captains Lions to success
17th Feb 2010

Liverpool Academy starlet Conor Coady captained England U17s to glory in the Algarve Tournament on Tuesday.

Three Lions secured a goalless draw against Portugal in their final group match to ensure they topped the group on goal difference and clinched the title.

Coady, along with fellow Reds scholars Andre Wisdom and Jack Robinson, played the entire 90 minutes in Ferreiras.

The trio also featured in the 1-1 draw with France and a 3-0 win over Ukraine earlier in the competition.
xxTorresxx

Postby Fauxy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Man were did you dig this thread up from :D

From the academy, the player who impresses me most every time I watch.. is Toni Silva.

Every time he gets the ball he makes things happen, usually takes on at least 2 players. Looks like a good prospect.
Fauxy

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:08 pm

he is still really young and has mostly played for the U16s with a few appearances in the U18s, but yes he does always look to take people on
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:17 pm

wavertree wrote:Here was a rumour about a Athletic de Bilbao's footballplayer called Iker Muniain. He is 14 years old, and he is playing in the pre-season with the first team. But finally, he has signed a contract for a lot of time with this team...

What about Mikel San Jose? How is he working?

Iker Muniain would go on to become the youngest player to score in La Liga.
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge