Liverpool vs Westham

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:57 pm

The key to wining the title is to peak at the right time, usually the last third of the season and City have mastered it. It’s a great sign that we are not playing outrageous football yet we are taking all the points and to be fair we played good teams. We have a very new team, especially in midfielder and normally there is a gelling process so to think we are only two points back from a team that has won every match they played with all the changes we’ve made to key players is a good sign. The more they play the better they will become and I think so far so good. I wish we can get back to clean sheets as that is where the title is won and lost…. Defense.

As it stands now City have the best defense and ours is our weakest link, what Klopp needs to sort out if we want to win the title. We are more than capable now in attack, midfield and with our our goalie.

Overall a great three points and we never looked like losing control of the game. Happy that Nunes scored, once again does poorly when he thinks and well when he reacts, he is getting more confident though and that can only be a good thing. An honorable mention for Szoboszlai, he is a class player and makes us much better.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:35 pm

Our next 2 league games will tell us more about our title credentials. If we come away from north London and Brighton with 6 points then it really would be a case of hang on to your hats
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:46 pm

Good win, was a difficult match and like many said we would've folded this last season.
Fans are skeptical of Nunez but I love the fella. Agent of chaos, you don't know what to expect.

If we get 6 points next 2 games things will get very interesting.

Main thing is let's keep the momentum going, we've got it a little easier this season with Europa.

I'm hoping we snap an additional player in Jan, preferably I feel we need a solid CB.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:35 pm wrote:Our next 2 league games will tell us more about our title credentials. If we come away from north London and Brighton with 6 points then it really would be a case of hang on to your hats

Dude it'll be another heart ache title challenge with City, 90+ points lol. I feel this season City are aiming to be invincible.

Personally I don't think we are at the same level as we were when competing but we are edging towards being back!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:35 pm

Brilliant result with Mo continuing his phenomenal run of assists and goals. The new lads are really contributing and will only get better. Some great moments from Gomez and Matip. Excellent finish from Nunez but he really should have had another and given Mo another assist. Jones unlucky to be slightly offside for his goal.

Fantastic start to the season. Good to see Chelsea’s demise continue. Arsenal and Spurs sharing the points was good news as well.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:43 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:16 pm wrote:Surprised at some of the comments here.

Sure, West Ham had some great chances in the opening quarter of the game but after that I never felt it was a game we would lose.

Thought we looked assured and in control for 75% of the game. Great result against a dangerous Hammers team who will pose problems for any side they come up against.

YNWA  :buttrock

Agreed. We were off with a nervy start but that lasted for like 5 minutes. Rest of the match we were running the show and their goal was against the run of play IMO. Sure Virgil was a bit late to stop their goal but it wasn't a mistake or anyting, it was a well taken goal scored with a bit of luck. Mind you W.Ham are a decent team at the moment so it wasn't unexpected for them to score at least one. Antonio even reckoned they'll get 6 points out of us this season and finish above us :laugh: .

Anyway, some decent performances today. Especially happy about our new midfield which looks great, Sobozlai good as always but Mac Allister was also superpeb today. And also very pleased to see Darwin scoring more goals, hopefully a lot more yet to come from him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:41 am

Darwin just needs to keep putting himself in positions to score and not worry about missing a few, when you watch Haarland he misses a surprising amount of chances himself but he just shrugs them off and makes sure he slots the next one that comes along.
That’s the attitude Darwin needs to adopt, physically the Uruguayan has got the lot, he’s tall, quick, strong, athletic, good in the air…..he’s the complete striker, he just needs to develop that single mindedness. Don’t worry about misses, just go hunting for goals
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:07 am

Gomez was great. Sharp on the turn, made good decisions with the ball at his feet, looks strong and fit. Matip was clearly targeted but was excellent, he dominated Antonio who got nothing out of him. Szoboszlai brilliant again, Mac Allister a mixed bag but some good tackles and lovely assist for Darwin’s goal. Jones started slow but was fantastic in the second half. His pressing was brilliant. Mixed bag from Diaz too who always looks dangerous but tried to do much on his own yesterday. Jota, Gakpo and Gravenberch all looked really sharp when they came on and upped the tempo. The bench is looking very strong.

We were a bit sleepy in the first 10 minutes but were largely in control of the game after that. We're on the longest unbeaten run of any of the clubs in the top 5 leagues in Europe. 2 really tough away games next against a rejuvenated Spurs and the dangerous Brighton.
Eagle

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:56 am

Everytime Salah gets an assist or a goal the Arabs can put another £10m on the bid.  :love:
Look, we're showing great character here coming back from a goal down in most games. This new midfield is starting to work out, front 3 options are incredible and the goalie is world class. January may well see a trade off as I think we'll buy a decent CB however I feel Salah to the Arabs will pay for it. Shame but that's football.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:57 pm

I think it is evident that I hope he is right!
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games