Torres -

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) -
Aurelio (Poulsen) -
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Reina -8- Great saves to deny fulham an equaliser, player of the season so far
Kelly -6- Couple of miscontrols and loose passes going forward early on but was solid at the back again
Skrtel -5- Gave away some cheap free kicks and is starting to become a liability IMO
Agger -6- Made some great blocks and tackles, good passing, sometimes his clearances were a bit dangerous, best CB for us when fit
Johnson -7- Solid both defensively and bombed down the left flank well
Kuyt -5.5- Worked hard as usual, but always lacks a bot of quality both on control and with is passing
Poulsen -7- Best game in a red shirt IMO, barely misplaced a pass, covered well, good foil in the midfield
Meireles -7- Work rate is phenominal and should've had an assist to Torres, defo in form
Gerrard -5- Really failed to be involved which is very surprising, perhaps just needs some match sharpness again
Maxi -6- Always relitively creative and good on the ball, doesn't really provide enough magic to unlock defenses, but defo more quality than kuyt.
Torres -6 Frustrating night for Torres, blatant goal given offside, his shot helped create the goal, needs more opportunities than he got tonight.

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) -5
Aurelio (Poulsen) -5
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Reina - 8 Crucial saves.
Kelly - 5.5 One of his worst games for us imo.
Skrtel - 5.5 Always a risk out there, makes me worry a lot.
Agger - 6 Was at his best when we weren't in panic mode and weren't hoofing it/losing possession constantly.  When we kept it on the ground for the first 10-15 minutes or so he was class.
Johnson - 7.5 Best match at LB so far, beautiful runs at times.
Kuyt - 5 Still in a really bad patch of form.
Poulsen - 6 Did okay, asking too much of him though if you pair him with Stevie.
Meireles - 7 Great game, he's still a little frustrating at times cause he hates contact and sometimes gives possession away on the simplest of passes.
Gerrard - 5 Clear example of why he shouldn't be played as a central midfielder.
Maxi - 6 Solid game.
Torres - 5 He looked tired, never really looked up for it but he has a week off so it shouldn't carry on to the next match I hope.

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 5
Aurelio (Poulsen) - 5
Zidane

Postby redhayesy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:14 am

Zidane wrote:Reina - 8 Crucial saves.
Agger - 6 Was at his best when we weren't in panic mode and weren't hoofing it/losing possession constantly.  When we kept it on the ground for the first 10-15 minutes or so he was class.
Poulsen - 6 Did okay, asking too much of him though if you pair him with Stevie.
Meireles - 7 Great game, he's still a little frustrating at times cause he hates contact and sometimes gives possession away on the simplest of passes.
Gerrard - 5 Clear example of why he shouldn't be played as a central midfielder.
Maxi - 6 Solid game.
Torres - 5 He looked tired, never really looked up for it but he has a week off so it shouldn't carry on to the next match I hope.

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 5
Aurelio (Poulsen) - 5

sorry but you watched a totally different game to me then-if you think the likes of maxi had a solid game imho -forgey that,i thought he was anonomous thoughout the game yet again & was shyte!

as for Martin Kelly-how can you say it was one of his worse games for us-when the Lad not only produced brilliant crosses in the game for someone to have the guts to make a connestion etc is beyond me-let alone the Lad has played less games in the first team than most-& they don't get critised after playing far more games than him etc.

poulsen did ok in your opinion-that's your opinion-but to say he did ok,when you think Martin Kelly was worse has made me really stratch my head in amazment!

stevie G shouldn't be played as a central midfielder? ffs how many games have you actually watched over the years to come up with that anaylis,let alone that opinion? please next time you go to Anfield,please go into the Albert or any other pub near the ground,give your reasons for your opinion on here etc-cause you will be listened to -but then you will be educated aswell-cause you need to listen-cause opinions are one thing-lack of knowledge is another.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:11 am

Reina - 8
Kelly -  8
Skrtel - 7
Agger - 7.5
Johnson - 7.5
Kuyt - 6
Poulsen - 7
Meireles - 8.5
Gerrard - 6.5
Maxi - 7
Torres -6.5

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 6
Aurelio (Poulsen) 7
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:44 am

Reina - 7 distribution was at times excellent and some crucial saves 
Kelly -  7 good solid game again
Skrtel - 6 needless fouls could have cost us
Agger - 7 being asked to defend more so we don't see him get forward as often
Johnson - 8 thought he was brilliant in the first half ....faded slightly in the second 
Kuyt - 6 huffed and puffed but looked clumsy when in possession
Poulsen - 5 the ball he lofted into the feet of Maxi earns him a 5 ...other than that his tackles were about a week  late 
Meireles - 6 at times criminally wasteful with the ball ,so much better away at Wolves 
Gerrard - 5 He's coming back from a long lay off and looked sluggish ...I do wish he would not drop back so deep when he plays in midfield 
Maxi - 6 battled well and showed some commitment but was less than his inventive self   
Torres -5 Albeit from the completely legitimate goal .... his touch was woeful and the main reason along with Gerrard why we were put under so much late pressure

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 7 I thought Shelvey did well again
Aurelio (Poulsen) 6 I thought  Fabio was going to score when he was put through
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:06 am

Reina - 7
Kelly - 6
Skrtel - 6
Agger - 6
Johnson - 7
Kuyt - 5
Poulsen - 5
Meireles - 7
Gerrard - 6
Maxi - 5
Torres - 5

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 6
Aurelio (Poulsen) - 5
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:07 am

Reina - 8
Kelly - 6
Skrtel - 5
Agger - 7
Johnson -5
Kuyt - 6
Poulsen 5-
Meireles -8
Gerrard - 6
Maxi - 6.5
Torres - 6

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) -5
Aurelio (Poulsen) 5

not going into each player, the team as a whole did not turn up tonight, poor passing, poor shooting, poor closingdown.

very lucky to get anything from the game.

take the 3 points and run.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:22 am

Reina - 8 ,MOM ,although no heroic saves but was confident sharp and so solid on the goal line with numerous tricky balls shot at him.
Kelly - 5 ,fair game ,still waiting for him to show value on attack.
Skrtel - 4 ,The leader of Defence Hysteria. Don't understand Why Kenny plays him
Agger - 6 ,solid confident with some good runs forward
Johnson - 6 ,had good runs on the line but he is no LB.
Kuyt - 4 ,just poor offered nothing from his side. Should be dropped to the bench.
Poulsen - 6 ,A bit slow at times but was comfertable moving the ball.
Meireles - 5 ,Another inconsistent game from him ,had the good pass for the disallowed goal but overall was shakey ,not focused and not commited.
Gerrard - 5 ,Rust or no Rust a rather fatigue display ,no impact on the game
Maxi - 4 ,Offerd nothing from his side as well not existant
Torres - 4 ,poor game ,lost the ball too easilly can couldn't complete one pass (not for the first time i must say)

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 5
Aurelio (Poulsen) - 5

Kenny - 5 ,Again motivation and attitude was good in the beginning and rapidly declined and spiraled to total panic near the dying minutes. I still wonder why he preferes Skertel and Kuyt over others as their recent form is horrible. His Subs were poor in my opinion and didn't change the course of play.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:51 am

Reina -7
Kelly -7
Skrtel -4
Agger -7
Johnson -7
Kuyt -6
Poulsen -7
Meireles -8
Gerrard -6
Maxi -5
Torres -7

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) -7
Aurelio (Poulsen) -6
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 am

redhayesy wrote:
Zidane wrote:Reina - 8 Crucial saves.
Maxi - 6 Solid game.

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 5
Aurelio (Poulsen) - 5

sorry but you watched a totally different game to me then-if you think the likes of maxi had a solid game imho -forgey that,i thought he was anonomous thoughout the game yet again & was shyte!

as for Martin Kelly-how can you say it was one of his worse games for us-when the Lad not only produced brilliant crosses in the game for someone to have the guts to make a connestion etc is beyond me-let alone the Lad has played less games in the first team than most-& they don't get critised after playing far more games than him etc.

poulsen did ok in your opinion-that's your opinion-but to say he did ok,when you think Martin Kelly was worse has made me really stratch my head in amazment!

stevie G shouldn't be played as a central midfielder? ffs how many games have you actually watched over the years to come up with that anaylis,let alone that opinion? please next time you go to Anfield,please go into the Albert or any other pub near the ground,give your reasons for your opinion on here etc-cause you will be listened to -but then you will be educated aswell-cause you need to listen-cause opinions are one thing-lack of knowledge is another.

I agree with a lot of your comments but can we keep the ratings thread clean of conversation. These threads are only for posting your ratings.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:50 am

Reina - 7 (his usual self)
Kelly - 7 (solid, again)
Skrtel - 6 (better but still liable to make mistakes. You can't trust him)
Agger - 6.5 (Looking like he is nearing his old self but doesn't quite look 100% fit)
Johnson - 7.5 (growing into the role, just goes to show how comical the abuse he got after only playing one game there)
Kuyt - 4 (Poor)
Poulsen - 6 (Probably his best game so far)
Meireles - 7 (Energetic, but should of taken more shots on goal)
Gerrard - 6 (His form will come, but looks out of the groove at the moment)
Maxi - 5 (Can't help but think that Cole would of been a better option)
Torres - 6 (Looked active and interested in the first half but as our inability to pass increased throughout the second half his effectiveness waned)

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 7 (Great prospect, just needs to work on his first touch at times)
Aurelio (Poulsen) - 5 (Odd sub IMO)
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Reina - 7
Kelly - 6
Skrtel - 5
Agger - 7
Johnson - 6
Kuyt - 5
Poulsen - 6
Meireles - 8
Gerrard - 5
Maxi - 6
Torres - 6

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 6
Aurelio (Poulsen) - 6
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Reina - 8
Kelly - 7
Skrtel - 6
Agger - 7
Johnson - 7
Kuyt - 5
Poulsen - 6
Meireles - 8
Gerrard - 5
Maxi - 5
Torres - 6

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 6
Aurelio (Poulsen) - 6
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Reina - 7 made few decent stops, but thats pretty much what he's supposed to do
Kelly - 6 decent, but not his best game for us
Skrtel - 5 i thought he was pretty effective when it got scrappy in our box. made some very good blocks and clearances
Agger - 6 still not as good as we know he can be
Johnson - 6 growing into a new role
Kuyt - 4 fairly poor again
Poulsen - 6 better from him
Meireles - 7 another good game, but faded badly in the second half
Gerrard - 5 where the hell do we put him?
Maxi - 5 can do better, and this season usually has
Torres - 5 if the first goal had been given i would have fancied him to score more. lets his head drop far to easily.

Subs
Shelvey (Kuyt) - 6 getting better with games
Aurelio (Poulsen) - 5 neither here nor there really

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games