Fa cup - Yeovil

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:46 pm

Big day for GH...anything but a win,will see the noose tighten around his neck or should I say the guillotine will be cocked into position awaiting the executioners.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:12 pm

This show's you some badness with the way people are reacting to this game, i never would have thought in a million year's that a game against Division three opposition would be so important to Liverpool! Realisticly this should be a game of no worry but as you all can see it is'nt, This should have been a game were we could have thrown out our youngster's and had confidence of still going through but time's have changed.

What is our club comming to?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:32 pm

This is is the sort of game that even the top three would be wary of.....a big banana skin of a game.
But when the going gets tough the tough get going and if we get knocked out by this ale house team GH should go straight away.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:20 pm

Even in days gone-by,days of Shankly and Paisley,Liverpool would always field their strongest possible eleven.I don't believe in throwing the "youngsters" in to give them a game.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:04 pm

Yeah and i agree with you supersub but i only said that to make a point, i did'nt mean that younster's should be givin a game with smaller team's.

I think the strongest team should alway's be picked too, they should be out to win every match they play in. I see some people think that some trophie's Liverpool lifted in the Treble year were not worth talking about and not a success, that is wrong to believe that, i believe every win is a success and rightly so. Some people are basically saying that they don't want to win everything, let's face it, if Liverpool were in cup final against Manchester United would'nt you want to win regardless of what the trophy meant? Of course you would.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:41 am

While I believe GH should go, I'd still hate to see Liverpool lose any match.
Yeovil will play like it is the cup final and being at home and with Liverpool's very suspect defense at this moment, this is a potential banana skin....don't be fooled by the fact that Yeovil is a third division oposition. Thei players will play out of their skins with maximum desire, commitment and heart. The big question is, what about Liverpool's players?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dolphin251270 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:22 pm

I am from Yeovil but a huge Liverpool supporter and have the Liverpool flags up in the window i am going to the match tomorrow but have to sit with the Yeovil fans, i saw them play against each other in a charity match in Yeovil in 1995 when it was David James, Fowler, Redknapp etc and they beat Yeovil 7-1 but i have to say Yeovil is a much stronger side now than they were they have proved that by getting into the league, i am desperate for Liverpool to win but i don't think it is going to be that easy, anybody else going 2 moro???
dolphin251270

Return to Liverpool FC - Games