Brigton v Liverpool 8/10 2PM KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:59 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:52 pm wrote:Robbo has had a stinker today

Bad day in the office for Robbo, Macca and Gravenberch who unfortunately couldn't convert an open goal from 3 yards

This is how we slowly losing touch with the leading pack by dropping important points on the plate
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:00 pm

Why did we get Endo to fill that CDM role yet we continue to play Mac Allister there when he's clearing struggling?

Robbo was poor with his service and has been since last season.. he tries hard but he needs to provide more quality. It was his fault pulling out of the clearance for Brightons equaliser aswell.

We needed fresh legs upfront at the end but with Jota and Gakpo out we had zero options. Poor result.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:07 pm

Think we might need to get Endo up to speed and in at DM until January. Mac Allister hasn't got a clue at DM imo and it's going to cost us. Few times today, he was further up the pitch and looked better and more comfortable.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:11 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:52 pm wrote:Robbo has had a stinker today

Robbo hasn't quite been the same player he once was imo. Don't know if it's form isn't reaching the heights it should or just a steady decline but slight concern there.
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:54 pm

Agree about Robbo. Big numbers on himself but he definitely isn’t the player he was. Totally useless for Brighton’s second goal. Mac Allister was also totally responsible for Brighton’s first goal and I don’t agree with the excuse that he was playing out of position. Mo showing why he is worth every penny LFC pay him. Well done Elliot for some very unselfish play. Excellent work by Dom to get the penalty. Gravy unlucky not to score after a brilliant move. Having said all that Brighton should have scored at late on to take all three points.

Probably about the right result.

We move on !! Hopefully Arsenal will do something against City, but so far it isn’t looking very promising.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:42 pm

We really have to stop conceding 1st in games but doesn't seem like we are learning that lesson and continue to make hard work for ourselves.

It doesn't matter how many times you play Mc Allister there as he's not that kind of player. Very slow today and was constantly fouling but fell asleep for the 1st goal. I think the Brighton lads targeted him for pressure knowing he would struggle there and it paid off. Elliot hasn't got what it takes imo, great skill and awareness but rightly hooked at HT. He's just to easy to play around or pass through.

Not great support for the front lads and they didn't seem capable of creating much for themselves either so thats disappointing seeing as we have good options.

Overall it was a poor game in fairness  didn't think we deserved to win it but held on for the point. If Gravenberch scores that it's a different game and we would have taken the 3 points so just goes to show how fine the margins are.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:32 pm

Watched the Gravenberch chance again.....he has to be scoring that. Yes ball has bounced just in front of him but he hasn't got a Brighton player near him and their keeper is on the floor. Really bad miss imo and had that gone in we'd be going home with the 3 pts.
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:37 pm

No gripe with Gravenberch and his miss (please stop calling him "Gravy", it's pathetic). He looks like he's enjoying being on the pitch and can only get better.
Robbo has gone to pot of late, not just today. He seems regularly oblivious to what's going on over his shoulder and is caught napping time and again.
I'm just as worried by VVD, just seems to be on a different wavelength and nowhere near where he should be. Nervous most of the time.
Overall probably a fair result but it looks like we really missed the boat in not signing a DM, or a disruptor, and a CB. I even think we need quality cover for TAA and Robbo, defence is so shaky this year.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:03 pm

I think that must be the 6th time this season we've conceded first, it is becoming a joke. Mixed performance, really needed 3 points. Typical of us to drop points when City do. If you want the title there won't be many opportunities where City drop points. Next few fixtures before we attend Etihad, all should be winable but you never know with us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:25 pm

Still early days and anything can happen and we are only 3 pts off the top but so far I'm not too sure we have the team to win the league. Picked up on it last week against spurs and noticed it today to, we are a bit too easy to play around in midfield especially against teams with press resistant players. Seemed to be a bit too much space on offer. On the positive, this team has plenty of goals in it but think not having a quality DM is going to catch up with us.

If we can be in and around the top come January and we manage to sign a top DM, it could change things for us.
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:08 am

We definitely need a CDM or to start trusting Endo or get Bajcetic in. I'd be giving Gravenberch a good run in the team now.. he looks dynamic and I think he'll just get better with game time.

We have too many laid back players in the team at the moment and the build up play is painfully slow.

Trent, Virg, Matip, and Mac are dwelling on the ball way too much..
We lost at least 20 valuable minutes of that game them 4 passing it side to side.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:43 am

One thing that stood out and surprised me somewhat was just how slow Mac Allister looked. Less of a problem further up the pitch but in a DM role, he'll be chasing shadows.
Doeboy

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:18 pm

I haven't watched the full game,
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:35 pm

Spurs and Brighton away were always going to be tricky games and we were shafted in one of them. On the plus side, our next 5 games are:
Everton (h)
Notts Forest (h)
Bournemouth (a)
Luton (a)
Brentford (h)

Can't see anything less than 15 pts there so we could be in an excellent position heading towards xmas/new year.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:00 pm

At the end of the day after 8 tricky fixtures which include Chelsea away, Tottenham away, Newcastle away, Brighton away and Villa at home we find ourselves just 3 points off the top.
Given we’ve been on the wrong end of some questionable officiating as well all in all its been a very good start.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games