Who? - Who?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bren77 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:06 pm

Anyone got any ideas on who might replace le boss? Most of the top managers are at clubs still involved in the champions league(where i believe we will be come may) so are out of reach. Strachan? do me a favour...... Graham? as if...... personally i think we should see what happens when we get hamman back as he is vital to us. In january sign a decent cover for hamman (diao not good enough), and a replacement for hes**y as he not up to it and never will be(my nan would of buried that chance on sunday against the filth). lets have more of pongolle and le tallec instead of hes**y and smi**r!!!
bren77

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:36 am

Thompson did ok will Kermit was recovering from his operation. Does anyone know what Toshack is up to? I'm loathe to bring in a foreign manager as I was when Kermit arrived but if any man is up to the job then I will put aside my reservations - Kermit isn't up to the job as has become obvious over the past 1-2 seasons. To be honest, I've heard the argument "is there anyone better available?" and I say - is that a reason to stick with mediocrity? Liverpool should chose a target and get their man not worry that no quality managers are unemployed. Most of the players we've bought were already employed but that didn't stop us wasting £11m on Heskey etc Contracts can be broken but we don't want to end up like Leeds Utd. signing a manager every other season and paying out compensation
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:05 am

I have said it a million times on this forum already and I'll say it again.

Martin O' Neill.

Liverpool are in a quagmire. It might not be as bad as the late 1950s when we were in the second division, but only a man of extreme character, passion, motivation and intelligence can change things for Liverpool now.

Maybe Toshak, Strachen, Curbishley etc might have fitted the bill in different times, but in my mind there is only one man for the job now, and that is Martin O' Neill.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:13 pm

oneill will be the new shankly.theres just something about the bloke.I even feel he could turn around our present bunch of underachievers .
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gary » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:36 pm

stick with le boss for now, we could be in a similar position to the bitter blues, i say stick with him till the end of the season and see what happens, better the devil you know, i bet half of you sing his song at the game! we all know he makes some crazy decisions (really crazy) but can you honestly say hand on heart that you expected us to challenge for the league this season, have we got a divine right to think we should win the league? i dont know i have'nt missed many games in the last fifteen years home and away and i sat through the Roy Evans era so i can live with the current side as i have seen a lot worse over the years, who knows with Hamann and Owen back in the squad we may grind out some good results which can kickstart our season, hell maybe we might get another day out to Cardiff! and destroy the mancs again. My point is lets not all be too quick to jump on the 'sack the  boss' bandwagon, as they say football is a funny old game!!!

A true red:laugh:
gary

Postby simic_ie » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:12 pm

Fully agree gary, lets not get too hasty and sack the manager mid season. It could be the worst thing possible, throwing the club into turmoil. A lot of you were saying that Phil Thompson did well when Houllier was out. Well I believe a lot of that was down to a "lets do it for the gaffer" felling that was around Anfiled at the time. Give GH until the end of the season and if things are as bad then as now get rid of him. We are missing key players now. Didi Hamann is extremley important to the Liverpool midfield. How do you think MAn U would get on without Roy Keane for so long, or Arsenal without Viera, that is how important Hamman is to Liverpool. Same with Owen, he's out usually about ten games a year, how would Arsenal/Man U get on without Henry/Horseface for that many games a year. Lets give it to the end of the year then we can make a proper judgement on how to proceed in the future. Personally I don't think GH is the man, but I would love to be proven wrong and I am willing to give Houllier the chance to do that. This is the first season he has started playing proper attacking football and hopefully things will click and the team will go in a run of winning.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion