Which player/s would you like to see in a Liverpool shirt

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:02 am

Ok... I'm kinda abit bored so decided to start this topic.

I've been advocating improving our player quality so in line with that,
Which players would you like to see most in a Liverpool shirt IE. which players would you like to have at our club? It is kinda like a fantasy question, but lets try to be a bit realistic and;

1. not include the obvious best of the best world class players like Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, etc. It's boring anyway;

2. also no big name players that are currently playing for big team rivals who are doing well like Sanchez, Aguero, Ibra, Pogba etc.; but

3. you may include big name players that are currently not getting game time (out of favour) at their respective clubs

and please give your reasons...

1st Player - Delle Ali from Spurs. I know it's not very probable because he's doing well at Spurs... but I think it's still possible; will have to forge out alot of money which some fans will object. Liverpool fan when growing up and idolized Steven Gerrard. Still very young.
Reason: We need a strong and quality midfield player. Wijnaldum seem to be doing well but I'm still not very convinced. Delle Ali would be the kind of strong yet skillful CM we need. His technical ability is quite high and would be able to fit in Klopp's system. Would be a several levels upgrade on our captain, with all due respect. I've always wanted to see Barkley in Liverpool shirt but I think that ship has sailed, so Delle is the next one.

2nd Player - Vardy from Leicester. Not sure if this will be possible due to his recent contract renewal.
Reason: We need more out and out strikers. Work rate is very high and Klopp would love him. Perfect for the Klopp system. Ings-like player yet more experienced and scores more goals. Now that Ings have another knee injury, sad to say, we probably be needing to look at additional strikers.

3rd Player - Riyad Mahrez from Leicester.
Reason: I know we have alot of AM's but Riyad Mahrez just seems to be a very classy playmaker. It's one of those choices driven not because of need but to improve our quality. Seems like a Coutinho-type player but why not have more than one Coutinhos?

Getting out of touch with players from other leagues. Maybe someone who has in-depth knowledge could propose a few...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:07 pm

I don't think our policy is going to change that much in that we start signing complete players so in line with how we work I would go for

(1) Inaki Williams. Very good prospect who is beginning to attract attention from a host of clubs due to his performances for bilbao. I admit I don't see him play every week but any time I have seen him he plays well. He would be a much better option than either Origi or Ings.

(2) Dahoud. Very good chance of this move happening in either January or the Summer. He's a good player with relentless pressing and will fit right in with the way we play.

(3) Cahill. Not that I think he is a superstar or anything but the lad is a damn good defender who reads the game well. We desperately need a dominant presence like him in our defence. I know he isn't out of favour with Chelsea but he will move if they don't make CL.

We already have a few good prospects on the fringes of the side that I would like to see playing more regular. Ojo, Gomez and Grujic would be the 3 I would pick.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Good post,very Interesting - Off the top of head Virgil Van Dijk, Marco Veratti and Marek Hamsik.

Defender, midfielder and an attacker, I feel all 3 have the class,work ethic, and something special about them to do well here.

Are they obtainable? Van Dijk definitely the other two possibly with enough ambition. Be fun to look back see if any of our picks actually end up at the club.

Someone picked Vardy and personally yes, love us to take a chance on him in January.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 pm

Vardy's getting on a bit now but if the worst happens and Barca or Real come calling at the end of the season with a big wad of cash for Coutinho Mahrez would be a great replacement.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:18 pm

Mahrez would be a good shout. Very talented player and was surprised when he wasn't snapped up in the summer by one of the big 4.

Personally, I'd like us to bring in:

1) Dahoud - Touted to be a world class player of the future by the world and his wife. Can play the box to box role and would easily fit into the squad.

2) Inaki Williams - Mobile striker who has an eye for goal and a pass. Would easily fit into our front three as he can play anywhere on the forward line.

3) Sergio Aguero - I know, I know, will never happen. But for me he's the best striker in the league and has apparently fallen out with Pep at City. Would have him here in a shot...if you pardon the pun  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:10 pm

I would like De Gea.
What an awesome addition he would be.

Mahrez would suit our style for sure.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:17 am

maguskwt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:02 am wrote:Ok..

2nd Player - Vardy from Leicester. Not sure if this will be possible due to his recent contract renewal.
Reason: We need more out and out strikers. Work rate is very high and Klopp would love him. Perfect for the Klopp system. Ings-like player yet more experienced and scores more goals. Now that Ings have another knee injury, sad to say, we probably be needing to look at additional strikers.

We really don't need additional strikers mate with Ings injury. Sturridge and Origi are capable enough to do a job and due to Firmino being ahead of them they are hardly getting playing. Ings was right at the back of the queue.
If we lost Studge and even Ings or Origi then i would say we need another.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:25 am

redshade » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:17 am wrote:
maguskwt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:02 am wrote:Ok..

We really don't need additional strikers mate with Ings injury. Sturridge and Origi are capable enough to do a job and due to Firmino being ahead of them they are hardly getting playing. Ings was right at the back of the queue.
If we lost Studge and even Ings or Origi then i would say we need another.

Yeah... that's a good point. Klopp might just try to keep Sturridge now that Ings is injured. But am not sure whether the damage to the relationship has been done...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:56 am

Wouldn't mind Dimitri Payet . The West Ham attacking midfielder would be a great addition to the squad, especially if the likes of Madrid or Barca start pursuing Coutinho.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Rob Miki off the Mancs. I'm sure Klopp would inject some life into him.

I agree with Woof, I'd love Payet here. He oozes class, he's my favourite player in the league at the moment (who doesn't play for Liverpool).

Jack Butland - don't need to build on that.

I'd quite like to see Barkley reach his full potential here as well.

I think they're realistic
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:26 pm

Klopptomaniac » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:59 pm wrote:

Who do you think it's more realistic? Dele Alli or Barkley? And who do you think is better? Barkley is starting to look abit boring for me, maybe it's because he's playing for a not so performing Everton team.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:39 pm

maguskwt » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:26 pm wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:59 pm wrote:

Who do you think it's more realistic? Dele Alli or Barkley? And who do you think is better? Barkley is starting to look abit boring for me, maybe it's because he's playing for a not so performing Everton team.

I agree he's gone off the boil a little, not sure if a change of scenery would help him out

Out of the two I think Barkley has a higher ceiling, but Alli is the most likely to achieve his potential and consistently perform. If that makes sense  :D
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:57 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:56 am wrote:Wouldn't mind Dimitri Payet . The West Ham attacking midfielder would be a great addition to the squad, especially if the likes of Madrid or Barca start pursuing Coutinho.

Yep very good player but before this season is out he will turn 30 (March) and I'm not sure our pressing game would suit him, as skilful as he is he doesn't look the hardest of grafters to me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:20 am

Looks like we maybe looking into the transfer market again...

The Liverpool manager admitted a replacement for Ings was needed. “Yes, we watch the market all the time and we need to be prepared for different situations and one of them is injuries. The Africa Cup of Nations we already knew about so we don’t need to be influenced or surprised about that but it could be a moment when we approach the market.

“It’s not about how many strikers. Three strikers is enough, I think, but when Sadio is away we will be without a winger. We do not have many wingers, I would say. Roberto Firmino could play as a kind of a winger which would then give us just two strikers. That’s how it is. But it is a long way to go until January and that month is busy. If we can go to the semi-final of League Cup [Liverpool are at home to Leeds United in the quarter-finals] it could be the busiest month of the year. We need to be prepared for this for sure.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... y-transfer
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:06 am

Mane is only away 3 weeks so I'm not sure it's worth bringing in a stopgap who will just end up on the bench when he returns. Divock could easily do a job out there and probably deserves a run in the side anyway.
If we have got dough to spend throw it in the direction of that Dahoud lad from BMG, even if he costs £40m that would be cheap in the long run given our midfield would be sorted for the next decade.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion