Where do we still need to strengthan?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:10 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:40 pm wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:51 pm wrote:The stands.

You don't need players to inspire you to sing, you sing anyway. Have Anfield rocking and have teams shitting themselves at coming here. Makes a huge difference.

+2

+3

Anfield has been dire since Rafa left

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Hustler 2015 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:12 pm

Manager position, for a start.
Hustler 2015
LFC Basic Member

Postby killerp » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:52 pm

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/ ... ase-clause

News coming out that we have triggered Benteke's release clause.

I don't feel good about this but I will give him a chance if he ends up signing with us.

Lacazette would fit better if we could get him...
killerp

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:10 pm

We really, really, really need to bring in a top striker absolutely asap.

Whatsmore, if we ONLY bring in Benteke then we're thin on teh ground again assuming Sturridge will be out for half the season as usual. We need strength in depth.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:21 pm

He must think that Sturridge, Ings, Origi and Benteke are gonna be enough. I was so happy with the early transfers we completed.. but if Benteke is the last one then I'm quite concerned for next season. Especially with Manure Strengthening  massively.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:24 pm

If will spunk 32 mill on Benteke then surely he will be the last signing for this window.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Thats what worries me. I'd rather go bring in 2x 25 million players from overseas like Ure did than blow the lot on Benteke who seems to have not received any interest from a leading club. Seem we have no plan b.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hustler 2015 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:55 pm

Let's not blow the cash please BR.

Ie: just like when u sold Suarez, then, to prepare for the champions league, brought us Balotelli ( a player no club wants), and Ricky Lambert!!!

YAY!!

You're all sticking your tongue down the back of Bentekes pants...

Other than Benteke....

Who else??? Give me names.
Hustler 2015
LFC Basic Member

Postby Hustler 2015 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Reg » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:41 pm wrote:who seems to have not received any interest from a leading club. Seem we have no plan b.

Rings a bell.....just like Firminho.
Hustler 2015
LFC Basic Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:59 am

Benteke was already budgeted for before Sterling did his runner. I would like to see Benteke and Hinguain come in - that make me bounce out of bed.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:23 am

We need a DM (especially when we have our fullbacks bombing forward). That's the 1st priority.

Yes we need a renown striker too. But not bentake. I would rather keep balotelli as i really do think (actually i am pretty sure) they are off similar standard. They are target men. Big Ben is better with his head. Balo is better with receiving the ball to his feet. But they are similar players. They don't press from the front. They are not mobile. Our wingbacks don't put in crosses.

So why sign a striker ? I rather keep Ings, Origi and wait for sturridge to get fit. We have a $hitload of attacking midfielders. So we can get away playing with 1 striker until sturridge gets fit. Get in Sinclair if it is needed too.

If we do not sign suarez mark 2.....i suggest lets stick with the team and get in a world class DM (and get rid of Allen and Lucas).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:42 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:15 pm wrote:where do we still need to strengthen? 

Despite all our talk about Strikers and DM's etc etc etc , I'm increasingly persuaded even before a ball is kicked in the new season that to strengthen the team we should have started with the fella who picks the team and plans the tactics   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:03 pm

woof woof ! » Jul 18th, '15, 17:42 wrote:

Despite all our talk about Strikers and DM's etc etc etc , I'm increasingly persuaded even before a ball is kicked in the new season that to strengthen the team we should have started with the fella who picks the team and plans the tactics   :kungfu:

Woof, totally agree. On top of that, DS is out for at least the first 3 - 4 months of the new season. And, imo, Origi may just be loaned out again (unless the likes of Balo et al are moved on....), who to is another matter.  A top Keeper and DM are still required. Think that is it with transfer in-comings for this summer, now for the out-goings, LFC seem to have priced players to high, so no-one wants them. LFC will be stuck with Balo etc for a while yet if they don't lower the figures.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:18 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:42 pm wrote:

I think the main cause for concern for me seems to be how he's already started experimenting playing players out of position ,take Gomez he couldn't wait to announce to the media how he had seen him look very accomplished at RB and CB but decided he would be better at  LB ....Ok the lad impressed there ,and pre season I suppose is the ideal time to try these switches ,but I fervently hope he doesn't try all that palaver out in the league.

I lost count of all the players he made look uncomfortable last season by affording them the wrong roles
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:34 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:18 am wrote: I think the main cause for concern for me seems to be how he's already started experimenting playing players out of position ,take Gomez he couldn't wait to announce to the media how he had seen him look very accomplished at RB and CB but decided he would be better at  LB ....Ok the lad impressed there ,and pre season I suppose is the ideal time to try these switches ,but I fervently hope he doesn't try all that palaver out in the league.

I lost count of all the players he made look uncomfortable last season by affording them the wrong roles

Yup, and don't forget playing Ings as a right forward in a 4-3-3 when he has been a poacher his whole life.

Rodgers has set a precedent about putting "Squares into Rounds....or is that the other way around".
a)Sakho as a LB.
b)Gerrard as a DM.
c)Can as a RB. Hendo as a RW, RB.
d)Lallana as a false nine (in that thrashing against stoke).
e)Mignolet as a Sweeper Keeper.
f)Skrtel and Lovern as a CB pairing (one of them backs off when faced with a threat. Another rushes out for any scenario. We will not win any offside decisions when those two play together)..
g)Sahin as an Attacking Midfield (While Gerrard plays as a deep laying playmaker..go figure out).

These are only examples at the top of my mind. If I sit down and list all the senarios...... I can also write a 200 page dossier  :wwww

Like I have mentioned....Rodgers has no problem playing players out of position when he is faced with pressure. I am really dreading the image of Firmino playing as a wingback in the upcoming season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion