What side would ferguson or benitez pick if.... - Interesting analysis of squad depth...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rockthekop » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:19 pm

We've missed out on quite a few players who are top quality especially Ronaldo, Vidic and Alves. 

What a huge difference they would have made to our team.  25m would have bought all three if we hadn't fecked about.  They are worth three times that now at least. 

We always have dithered around when it comes to signing players, you can't afford to do that. 

Ronaldo v Kuyt
Alves v Arbeloa
Vidic v Skrtel
Rockthekop

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:21 pm

bigmick wrote:I think often people are underestimating the pulling power of a club like man Utd, and I have to say a manager like Ferguson. Whatever you say about him, he is charismatic and it's quite possible not everyone who is looking to sign takes to Rafa's by all accounts somewhat more stand-offish approach. Equally, it's quite possible that going forward one or two players will have taken note of the revolving door, as well as the way players such as Keane were treated and will think twice if they have alternative options.

My point exactly on the Keane fiasco....
Regardless who signed whom, who was for or against, the fact that the guy was treated as a pawn in a battle between RB and Parry would, in the eyse of any self-respecting professional, raise a red flag and make them think twice about talking to Liverpool
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Flight » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:21 pm

GYBS wrote:if they didnt bid higher how did they manage to get him for higher than the asking price then ?

Its not really important what the buying price was. We bid the buy out price and they couldn't refuse to sell to us.

Thats the important issue, that and the fact Parry didn't bother his :censored: sorting it out and the Mancs came in two weeks later and tied him up quickly.
Last edited by Flight on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flight

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:24 pm

sorry flight beg to differ as he had a release of around 4 to 5 mil and remember it all happening and always wondered why they paid more than the release , it was to make sure they got the player .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flight » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:25 pm

GYBS wrote:sorry flight beg to differ as he had a release of around 4 to 5 mil and remember it all happening and always wondered why they paid more than the release , it was to make sure they got the player .

I edited my post mate; I apologise if it confuses anyone. You are right on the purchase price and I was wrong.
Flight

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:27 pm

flight maybe vidic wanted to go to the mancs and not us . You cant blame parry for that . Its the opposite for torres who kept refusing overtures from the mancs but didnt turn us down . Parry cannot be blamed for everything , maybe these players just wanted to go to the mancs and not us .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:30 pm

no need to apologise mate . The player had a choice and picked the mancs . We cant just sit here and blame parry for every transfer that didnt work , im pretty sure there has been many factors with the price been the biggest stumbling block .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:57 pm

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:Parry had nothing to do with Vidic and Ronlado not coming to us - lets not blame parry for everything .

Fair play  :buttrock

Parry is a tw.at
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Flight » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:09 am

GYBS wrote:flight maybe vidic wanted to go to the mancs and not us . You cant blame parry for that . Its the opposite for torres who kept refusing overtures from the mancs but didnt turn us down . Parry cannot be blamed for everything , maybe these players just wanted to go to the mancs and not us .

The point was mate that Parry had over two weeks to close the deal before the Mancs came in, but he didn't. If he had Vidic would have had no choice to make.
Flight

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:10 am

i would pick Agger and Aurelio over Evans and OShea for the 2nd team.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby yolz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:32 am

I think we can go on all day about who we should have bought and who we missed out on
What I would like to know is what ever happened to our youth programme?
The rise of the current Man U dominance was actually set in place when beckham, the neville brothers, scholes, butt and company were brought into the squad
Back then we had owen, and supposedly some other young stars coming up but look at our team now
we've had our ups and downs in the transfer market, but right now, i would like to see us actually scouting for better young players
It's been heart breaking to have waited so long to win the league again
But since we've already waited so long, what's a few more years while we really build a team that will dominate Europe once again?
The only True Reds in england...........
yolz

Postby GYBS » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:26 am

Flight wrote:
GYBS wrote:flight maybe vidic wanted to go to the mancs and not us . You cant blame parry for that . Its the opposite for torres who kept refusing overtures from the mancs but didnt turn us down . Parry cannot be blamed for everything , maybe these players just wanted to go to the mancs and not us .

The point was mate that Parry had over two weeks to close the deal before the Mancs came in, but he didn't. If he had Vidic would have had no choice to make.

I guess we will never know what was happening at the time and if a bid was made it was up to vidic to decide and we dont know exactly when man utd made their bid . For all parrys faults we must remember the players he brought in and it was parry who was the driving force behind bringing rafa to the club
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion