What does the team need to turn things around?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:55 am

City offering 18 mil for Kjaer?He's a defender for Christ sake.But I'll tell you one thing, the kid would worth every penny.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:52 am

Good thread this.

I broadly agree with what most have posted.

Mick's point is definitely spot on though I'd rather not have @rseholes.... just hard men. We definitely need a little more steel in the squad. Someone in the mold of Souey, McMahon, Roy Keane or Vieira. An enforcer of sorts to put the fear of god into the opposition players' minds.

Also agree, that a little more height and size, but more importantly aerial prowess is required.... especially in defence.

But the one area we most need is a game-breaker in midfield. Someone to help us break down the so-called "weaker" teams in the league. This is one area where we have struggled with for years. We normally can compete with stronger teams because we can adopt a more defensive stance and let them take the game to us... while we hit them on the counter-attack... even if we don't play a counter-attacking team, we still do pretty okay as there is usually more space to operate as the other team tends to take a little more risk in chasing the game. Even when we lose to these teams, the team's performance is usually better than usual and we can take pride in the effort and competitiveness. It's when we need to create that we struggle. And no, IMO, the answer is not another striker..... we need someone who can do the job from deeper to supply the attack.

Whether we call him a second striker or an attacking midfielder, doesn't really matter. A game breaker through the middle but probably more required in the wide areas to create space is what we need.

If we sort that out and get an enforcer of note, we will become feared once again..... not the least feared of the top four teams like we are now.

Souness, Matthaus, McMahon in the heart of midfield and someone akin to Ronaldo, Ribery, Robben, Zidane, Platini in attack and/or out wide is what we need.

Not an easy solution I know..... but one that's required IMO.
ConnO'var

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:06 am

We just need pacy right and left wingers who can dribble and run with the ball....take on opposition players and put in a decent cross.

If we have them.....we would have geniune width in our play....(not like the "narrow" way we play now) and torres and gerrard will have a field day.

If Maxi is the answer to the right wing.....then thats half the problem solved.
Last edited by The_Rock on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:11 am

Owzat wrote:Win games....................................... duh

A manager who knows what he is doing.....and knows what his best 11 is.....and sticks by it. :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:15 am

The_Rock wrote:We just need pacy right and left wingers who can dribble and run with the ball....take on opposition players and put in a decent cross.

If we have them.....we would have geniune width in our ball....(not like the "narrow" way we play now) and torres and gerrard will have a field day.

Huh.......another Reira in the making me thinks? ???  :sleep
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:32 am

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
The_Rock wrote:We just need pacy right and left wingers who can dribble and run with the ball....take on opposition players and put in a decent cross.

If we have them.....we would have geniune width in our ball....(not like the "narrow" way we play now) and torres and gerrard will have a field day.

Well........i rather have a right footed riera than kuyt on the RW anytime of the day.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:36 am

The_Rock wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:

Well........i rather have a right footed riera than kuyt on the RW anytime of the day.....

I'd rather have Reira than kuyt anywhere near our team......any and every day! :glare:
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion